Creative ways of "getting back"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not all areas are created equal.
When you have a tight stop density and lots of smalls you can lock them out pretty fast
Go deliver a couple mattresses, big screen TV and somebody that wants 500 lb of Rouge weights.

Thought all stops are created equal
Yep… there’s a reason Amazon gives ups trailers full of irregulars and overweights…

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Let him find out…I personally think he is destined for a coveted part time sup job on the night sort…he has the skills and the gung ho attitude..he would be a natural leader.
Until one long, lonely night someone asked where the new idiot Sup is at only to find out he was bricked into a feeder trailer bound for anywhere else.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I love it when people tell us how easy the job is,any one can do it yada yada .He will sink like a lead anchor his first day out in a blown out 1000
It’s all fun and games driving bags around in your Subaru…try having a industrial route in a p1200 doing 40 pu’s and bricking the truck out.. come back into the Bldg driving a low rider because there’s so much weight In the back

Re-Raise

I hope they put him unloading the trailers on the preload, like all of the other rookies.

We had a guy , pretty out of shape, that started on the preload years ago. He unloaded the first trailer and came out all covered in sweat and trying to catch his breath. We told him we had three more trailers to go.

He said “I have to go to my car and get my inhaler” … then we saw his car leaving the parking lot. He didn’t even make it to break time on his first day!

For years after that, whenever we had a crap day or something we would joke that we were going to our car to get our inhaler! Lol

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Seriously?
You get all the gravy sections and the small packages
You are delivering a regulars or driving long distances in between stops
Apples and oranges
Not true. I do get mostly regular packages but I've also gotten plenty of 100+ lb packages that I delivered. Most PVD drivers tell the driver to keep them on the truck and refuse to mess with them. This I know to be fact.
I don't get all gravy either. That's BS.
I love it when people tell us how easy the job is,any one can do it yada yada .He will sink like a lead anchor his first day out in a blown out 1000
MORE BS! Look at my posts. I've said it over and over again. I respect the hard work ya'll do. I glimpse into your mind must be like looking at an etch-a-sketch. WTF do guys think you are anyway? Super human? Super paid yes but you ain't super human. Somehow your extremely high wage structure translates into "we are superman". Ya'll have no humility and it's disgusting.
I CAN DO YOUR JOB 100%.
It’s all fun and games driving bags around in your Subaru…try having a industrial route in a p1200 doing 40 pu’s and bricking the truck out.. come back into the Bldg driving a low rider because there’s so much weight In the back
MORE BS. Find the truth and stop lying.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I hope they put him unloading the trailers on the preload, like all of the other rookies.

We had a guy , pretty out of shape, that started on the preload years ago. He unloaded the first trailer and came out all covered in sweat and trying to catch his breath. We told him we had three more trailers to go.

He said “I have to go to my car and get my inhaler” … then we saw his car leaving the parking lot. He didn’t even make it to break time on his first day!

For years after that, whenever we had a crap day or something we would joke that we were going to our car to get our inhaler! Lol
I worked Preload from 1985-1989 before I went Full Time and it was always hysterical when people would quit on break.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I worked Preload from 1985-1989 before I went Full Time and it was always hysterical when people would quit on break.
I always liked it when the hot girl would walk in and every dude in the place would get whiplash checking her out knowing damn well that she was out of everybody’s league…they never lasted more than a few months max.

quad decade guy

I actually saw one very attractive female Feeder Driver. Beautiful and well groomed....looked about 40. Really stood out in a lobby full of feeder slobs. Never saw her again.

I have seen a few mildly attractive part-time young women come through with near Daisy Dukes and short shorts. A few with the slit/tore up jeans....more club attire than work....especially our work.

UPS doesn't seem to attract many attractive women. A few in sales.....otherwise.....as plain as our Brand.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I always liked it when the hot girl would walk in and every dude in the place would get whiplash checking her out knowing damn well that she was out of everybody’s league…they never lasted more than a few months max.
What! You saying females can't hang doing preload? 😀

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What! You saying females can't hang doing preload? 😀
I was a hub 🐀 for a long time… I can count on one Hand the number of hotties that worked there and none of them lasted a year… not that they couldn’t do the work, they just figured out fast that it was a dead end job and that most of the mgt/ workers were creeps…