Creative ways of "getting back"

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I know, according to some, I'm not supposed to post here because I'm a PVD (still working Btw) but I'm looking for creative ways to pay back a "customer".
I delivered to a house by tossing the small box about 5' on to the porch. It was pitch black and the house is a dump. No sooner had it landed and this big goofy late teens-20yo comes out and says, "sir, why did you throw my package". I said, "show me damage". He said that's not the point. I was "disrespectful ". I walked away. Then he says, "don't do it again" and this earned him a pay back visit. I have plenty of ideas but I bet ya'll can get creative. Thanks.
For the inevitable flamers, I'm not obsessing over the issue and it occupies a bare minimum of thought time. I feel it's my duty to educate this young man 😬.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I don't have to follow the brown (nose) rules.
The boy needs to learn and I'm a good teacher.
So, you caused the problem by not acting appropriately, and now you want to get back at a customer for calling you on it?

I suggest asking your center manager for advice on how to get back at this customer. I am sure he or she will have some great advice for you. Wow. Just wow.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I know, according to some, I'm not supposed to post here because I'm a PVD (still working Btw) but I'm looking for creative ways to pay back a "customer".
I delivered to a house by tossing the small box about 5' on to the porch. It was pitch black and the house is a dump. No sooner had it landed and this big goofy late teens-20yo comes out and says, "sir, why did you throw my package". I said, "show me damage". He said that's not the point. I was "disrespectful ". I walked away. Then he says, "don't do it again" and this earned him a pay back visit. I have plenty of ideas but I bet ya'll can get creative. Thanks.
For the inevitable flamers, I'm not obsessing over the issue and it occupies a bare minimum of thought time. I feel it's my duty to educate this young man 😬.
Depending on their driveway or dog situation, customers like this would make me strongly follow management's advice to use my judgment for EC.

You will never be a RPCD with that kind of work ethic.

Just do you job the right way and accept that are
It's certainly got me a lot of Christmas tips

BrownStains

Needs to learn what? Why did you toss his package? Doesn’t matter if the box showed no damage , somthing can break on the inside. Employees have been fired for that . Customers pay a lot of money for their stuff to be delivered properly and that’s what pays our salaries and it gives ups a bad reputation.

UPSER1987

Still working? Anyone with a pulse was working through Christmas Eve. If they keep you working through 1/15 that would be remarkable.

Wait... are you the guy that peed in the customers front yard?
He’s the guy that asks asinine questions, disparages drivers and management at UPS then wants to act like everyone’s best friend.