Creative ways of "getting back"

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
You absolutely have every right to hide, or to not divulge may be a better way to put it, what your job at UPS is. I'd love to know why people are not forthcoming with this information simply out of curiosity. Can you enlighten me as to why folks don't share?
You’d know if you were a regular employee… ups is a sinister place. I’ve slipped up a few times on BC (giving up too much info) and was looking over my shoulder for the next few weeks at work.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You absolutely have every right to hide, or to not divulge may be a better way to put it, what your job at UPS is. I'd love to know why people are not forthcoming with this information simply out of curiosity. Can you enlighten me as to why folks don't share?
Yes.

Please read BC TOS #8.

Merry Christmas!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You’d know if you were a regular employee… ups is a sinister place. I’ve slipped up a few times on BC (giving up too much info) and was looking over my shoulder for the next few weeks at work.
I thought I was busted the day I got called into the C.M.'s office and he was looking at a laptop then spun it around to show me something.

quad decade guy

Some butthole DM drove by me and took a picture because he thought my earplugs were earbuds.
Earbuds?

We'd lose 50% of employees. See folks walking all over the building watching movies, texting....all the while never looking up.

All the while, automated trains(which you are required to yield to...) ultra dangerous carwash folks....who routinely run stop signs and SPEED in the building( as in over 15mph)(yes, in the building).

Long lines of pkg drivers leaving the building....near 100% ear budded up.

How about mgt types driving carts with cell phones in each hand while driving in said building. Earbuds too....but then, they are smarter than anyone else....

No?

Again, I encourage anyone to spend 10 minutes on the yard or in the building....just observing.

quad decade guy

Interesting. I definitely got the impression that most, or at least the most active posters, are RPCDs.

I can understand why few PVDs participate.
Not a lot of career pkg guys. There are some. Most go to feeders....to extend their careers. Go to feeders to see why. PVD's don't really represent how UPS has always operated. They are counter intuitive to our business model as you are finding out.

There are a lot of retired guys on BC that have no real relevance to what is actively going on at UPS...In fact, some decades from reality. And can have vastly differences in experience and culture.

Be careful about assumptions and "impressions". Especially from BC. These are some of the most miserable representations of our company. Just as say, a few weeks PVD or other "outsider". It would be wise to perhaps listen and learn...then have something to say when some experience is gained. Having a more "qualified" opinion...

It seems they are all pkg....because almost all(not all) have pkg experience. And Feeder. And inside hub work(of all kinds). This, you know nothing about.

With all the respect I can muster...

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Not a lot of career pkg guys. There are some. Most go to feeders....to extend their careers. Go to feeders to see why. PVD's don't really represent how UPS has always operated. They are counter intuitive to our business model as you are finding out.

There are a lot of retired guys on BC that have no real relevance to what is actively going on at UPS...In fact, some decades from reality. And can have vastly differences in experience and culture.

Be careful about assumptions and "impressions". Especially from BC. These are some of the most miserable representations of our company. Just as say, a few weeks PVD or other "outsider". It would be wise to perhaps listen and learn...then have something to say when some experience is gained. Having a more "qualified" opinion...

It seems they are all pkg....because almost all(not all) have pkg experience. And Feeder. And inside hub work(of all kinds). This, you know nothing about.

With all the respect I can muster...
Good information IMO.
Holy hell, you have grandkids? I would hope you would have grown up by now.
WHAT does grown up mean?
Internet forums are a great place to "let loose". I'm so amazed at how many here are so incredibly uptight and hateful. Personally I don't take forums seriously at all and my participation doesn't have to reflect every facet of my personality. Forums, such as this one, are a good place to goof around. Go ahead and read some posts here from those without a pole up their rectum. Some are pretty funny.