Crickets Gross!!!

filthpig

The worst thing I've ever smelled (non-excrement) was the 5 gallon bucket of "Catfish Charlie" that fell off of the irreg cart back in the day. :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Tony31yrs

Many years ago when I was a part-time loader, a box labeled "live lady bugs came through. The picker asked me about it and I told him they were for eating garden pests. He didn't believe they were live, so he tore a small hole in the cloth bag that they were in. I was swearing at him all night because they were crawling all over us the rest of our shift.
I once had fox urine break open (used for trapping and deer hunting) and it was almost as bad as skunk.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Many years ago when I was a part-time loader, a box labeled "live lady bugs came through. The picker asked me about it and I told him they were for eating garden pests. He didn't believe they were live, so he tore a small hole in the cloth bag that they were in. I was swearing at him all night because they were crawling all over us the rest of our shift.
I once had fox urine break open (used for trapping and deer hunting) and it was almost as bad as skunk.

That is so funny....the lady bug box came down this am...lol!!:1eye:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We used to have a pickup account in our center called the "Worm Warehouse". Yes, they grew earthworms, packaged them and sold them as bait. (I wonder, would the younger worms be considered "jail bait"?) Anyway, the workers would harvest the worms by hand by simply digging in the dirt, pulling them out and dropping them into a shipping container.

I delivered to a local college on one of my previous bid routes and about once a month I would deliver a box of cats for use by the biology classes. Packages were delivered to a central location so I would hand carry this to the receiving clerk, hand it to him, and start "Meowing" so he knew exactly what they were.

terrymac

Had a shoe box size pkg come down the belt labeled "fragile live kittens" that was prob the worst thing they could have written on the pkg. Everybody shook the pkg to hear kittens...............

dillweed

Had a shoe box size pkg come down the belt labeled "fragile live kittens" that was prob the worst thing they could have written on the pkg. Everybody shook the pkg to hear kittens...............

Reminds me of when I was loading pkg cars. One kid got a box of crickets and started shaking them for fun. I really tore into him, telling him HE could have been born a cricket and how would he feel being shaken up like that. He was speechless and put the box back on the belt. :happy-very:

Anytime I get a broken box of nasties I put it in a tote and send it up to data aq. :laughing:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
:sick:How many of you have the crickets that come down your belt...or any type of bugs for that matter. UGH! One of my loaders had the box break open this a.m. GROSS! 0515 bug chase!! LOL
Man up.

This is how everyone is thinking of you.
I
DReL.gif

Last edited: