Killing the belt

PTPunchingBag

Hey everyone. Recently my building has had a major problem of sending down overweights without overweight tape, boxes busted open & falling apart. I am allowed to kill the belt for these issues right? The overweight tape is in the contract, and my coworkers and I have expressed safety concerns with no results. Would I face any punishment for killing the belt or would it be seen as “sabotage”?

Staydryitsraining

You can absolutely shut off the belt. You can absolutely be threatened to be fired. Hold your ground, center why the belts off on safety, you'll be fine, if your suspended you'll get back pay. No one else can turn the belt back on except you if you turned it off and only turn it back on once the belt is cleared of the safety issue.

Nah
Hey everyone. Recently my building has had a major problem of sending down overweights without overweight tape, boxes busted open & falling apart. I am allowed to kill the belt for these issues right? The overweight tape is in the contract, and my coworkers and I have expressed safety concerns with no results. Would I face any punishment for killing the belt or would it be seen as “sabotage”?
I believe the contract says no packages over 70 lb should be on the belts. File some grievances, and yes, kill the belt and make sure you have someone to help you move/remove the package.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Let em' roll! You don't have time for that.

1566310114914.png