Cursed my supervisor and was fired. Any help would be great!

Jeep man

My statement in a round about way without naming names.

UPS preload is a hot, fast paced, often stressful environment that is unlike any company I’ve ever worked for. The culture is different here. I've been working for UPS since August of 2009, and in those 10 years I have never filed a complaint or went to management about any of my coworkers or supervisors. That is not until now, as my job/livelihood has been threatened with termination.
In early June Said Sup sent me a Facebook friend request, which I ignored (see attachment). I saved a screen shot on my computer and phone.
On Wed June 10th, 2020 I was confronted by Said Sup in the parking lot. He wanted to know why I had not accepted his Facebook friend request. I told him I didn't care to be his friend on Facebook. He then told me that if I could not be his friend on Facebook then maybe we could not be friends on the job. I laughed thinking nothing else of it. But afterwards the more I thought about it, the more I realized he was serious.
Later that same day he asked another sup to tell me not to be writing on an empty box beside my truck. One of my sups said he wasn't sure why Said Sup was so worried about what I was doing but he did not want me writing on the box. I snapped and I told Said Sup that "if you have something to say you could come down here and say it to my face and not to be a pusillanimous."
Looking back, I regret what I said and how I handled the situation. I am man enough to admit my mistakes and to learn from them at the same time. Going forward these actions and hurtful words will not be repeated. A multitude of reasons led to me speaking out, including the long hours brought on by the pandemic, the almost 100 degree heat we have been dealing with, the inadequate working conditions (such as broken fans), the added stress from having repeated requests ignored for a safe socially distanced work environment, and most importantly, feeling like I was now being harassed for not wanting a friendship with a supervisor outside of work.
On June 12th, 2020 I was called into the center managers office where he terminated me for violating the UPS anti-harassment policy. I kept my composure, and I left center managers office and the building peacefully. Once I got home, I began reflecting on other instances where coworkers had said inappropriate things to the same supervisor, and there had been no consequence for them.
For example, on Tuesday April 30th, 2020 one of my female coworkers was called into the office. They were told that Said Suphad e-mailed our center supervisor over the weekend due to comments that were made about his weight. This employee was then told it was best for them to no longer have any verbal contact with the supervisor or to say anything else to him. She was talked to and was not terminated breaking the UPS anti-harassment policy.
On that following Monday May 4th, 2020, I overheard our Monday supervisor mentioned that he was told not to say anything to Said Sup about his job performance in fear of retaliation from Human Resources.
There have been several instances where Said Sup's weight has been brought up by another female in the sure post area. Said Sup has been wearing a sweat bandana around his head. She has verbally admitted because of this along with his build that she has been referring to him as Kung Fu Panda to him and behind his back. She too has not been terminated for breaking the UPS anti-harassment policy.
Because of unequal reaction from management, I feel as though the complaint lodged by my supervisor was retaliation for not wanting to be friends, and my subsequent termination unjustified. I respectfully request my reinstatement with backpay.

Since this happened the Said Sup has quit the company. And no longer works there. Also my termination letter stated that the infraction happened on the 11th of June and I was not even there that day? I need help as my rep is telling me that they are wanting to make an example out of me and are wanting to take this to panel and that he is going for a dead lock at local. I have 3 kids and my wife's job has been effected by the pandemic. So our income is non existent compared to 6 months ago and now we have no insurance. I've never been to a local or panel before and don't know what to expect or wear or anything else!. Any advice would be great and thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Last edited:

tech209

Phew that’s a lot to read right there......first off you always keep your cool no matter what and take your complaints/issues to your shop steward no matter what......best you can do is pull the under a lot of stress due to COVID 19 card and get your some knees pads ready for your job back

Box Ox

On Wed June 10th, 2020 I was confronted by Said Sup in the parking lot. He wanted to know why I had not accepted his Facebook friend request. I told him I didn't care to be his friend on Facebook. He then told me that if I could not be his friend on Facebook then maybe we could not be friends on the job. I laughed thinking nothing else of it. But afterwards the more I thought about it, the more I realized he was serious.

Jesus, what is this, The Babysitter's Club?

tech209

I didn't feel like answering 100 questions about who, what, when, where and why. Thought I'd save everyone the trouble .
I get it .....pulling your leg but serious tho with the way things are going with this whole COVID tip I would say I’m under a lot of stress with the job/life ect.....it’s your job and likelihood On the line with as much years you have already put in

21Savage

Me looking for attachment:

SOjrxXE.jpg

11.19igrad

I get it .....pulling your leg but serious tho with the way things are going with this whole COVID tip I would say I’m under a lot of stress with the job/life ect.....it’s your job and likelihood On the line with as much years you have already put in
was a union steward present when they fired you? didn't he fill out the grievance right away with you? he could have showed you weren't clocked in on said day and that would have been the end of it.

clean hairy

Tldr.
From the title, I would say he got pissed at the Sup, said something bad, and was fired.
Op would like to get the job back.
Op would like to know if it is possible.
You are welcome for the short version!

Days

I don’t think they can fire you unless it’s progressive disciple. Meaning that after you said something mean to the Sup, they would call you to the office with a steward and give you some kind of warning.

I believe that you can grievance this whole thing. I’ve never heard of someone getting fired for cursing before

SoCalUPS

This was easy. You will be back to work. You should've never been terminated. There was no just cause. But like others stated, doesnt hurt to play the Covid card

AnonPreLoader

UPS preload is a hot, fast paced, often stressful environment that is unlike any company I’ve ever worked for. The culture is different here. I've been working for UPS since August of 2009, and in those 10 years I have never filed a complaint or went to management about any of my coworkers or supervisors. That is not until now, as my job/livelihood has been threatened with termination.
In early June Said Sup sent me a Facebook friend request, which I ignored (see attachment). I saved a screen shot on my computer and phone.
Later that same day he asked another sup to tell me not to be writing on an empty box beside my truck. One of my sups said he wasn't sure why Said Sup was so worried about what I was doing but he did not want me writing on the box. I snapped and I told Said Sup that "if you have something to say you could come down here and say it to my face and not to be a pusillanimous."
Looking back, I regret what I said and how I handled the situation. I am man enough to admit my mistakes and to learn from them at the same time. Going forward these actions and hurtful words will not be repeated. A multitude of reasons led to me speaking out, including the long hours brought on by the pandemic, the almost 100 degree heat we have been dealing with, the inadequate working conditions (such as broken fans), the added stress from having repeated requests ignored for a safe socially distanced work environment, and most importantly, feeling like I was now being harassed for not wanting a friendship with a supervisor outside of work.
On June 12th, 2020 I was called into the center managers office where he terminated me for violating the UPS anti-harassment policy. I kept my composure, and I left center managers office and the building peacefully. Once I got home, I began reflecting on other instances where coworkers had said inappropriate things to the same supervisor, and there had been no consequence for them.
For example, on Tuesday April 30th, 2020 one of my female coworkers was called into the office. They were told that Said Suphad e-mailed our center supervisor over the weekend due to comments that were made about his weight. This employee was then told it was best for them to no longer have any verbal contact with the supervisor or to say anything else to him. She was talked to and was not terminated breaking the UPS anti-harassment policy.
On that following Monday May 4th, 2020, I overheard our Monday supervisor mentioned that he was told not to say anything to Said Sup about his job performance in fear of retaliation from Human Resources.
There have been several instances where Said Sup's weight has been brought up by another female in the sure post area. Said Sup has been wearing a sweat bandana around his head. She has verbally admitted because of this along with his build that she has been referring to him as Kung Fu Panda to him and behind his back. She too has not been terminated for breaking the UPS anti-harassment policy.
Because of unequal reaction from management, I feel as though the complaint lodged by my supervisor was retaliation for not wanting to be friends, and my subsequent termination unjustified. I respectfully request my reinstatement with backpay.

Since this happened the Said Sup has quit the company. And no longer works there. Also my termination letter stated that the infraction happened on the 11th of June and I was not even there that day? I need help as my rep is telling me that they are wanting to make an example out of me and are wanting to take this to panel and that he is going for a dead lock at local. I have 3 kids and my wife's job has been effected by the pandemic. So our income is non existent compared to 6 months ago and now we have no insurance. I've never been to a local or panel before and don't know what to expect or wear or anything else!. Any advice would be great and thanks in advance.

Sincerely

vader_didnt_read.gif

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Covid could have worked.

Had he not told his story on the interwebs.

Current sup probably screenshotted and emailed the thread already.
DZTXhmC.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sincerely
073B2707-E0AC-4BCF-ACE5-EE8369D1F2CF.jpeg

Federal Reserve Chairman

You were using an adjective in the place of a noun. Your comment to the supervisor made no sense.

pusillanimous
adjective

pu·sil·lan·i·mous | \ ˌpyü-sə-ˈla-nə-məs

also ˌpyü-zə- \

Definition of pusillanimous

: lacking courage and resolution : marked by contemptible timidity