Customer Complaints

momkb

Hi there:

This morning when I clocked in, I was pulled into the office, and the Facilities Manager told me that one of the customers on my route, called the CEO in Georgia and complained about me! The customer told the CEO that they wanted me off this route! Can management take me off? I have been on this route for 6 months. I have senority, I've been with the company for 21 years! Should I bid on another route, and save myself the embarrassment of having to be "pulled" off the route?

Should I be scared? Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks!

Nervous

Hangingon

We've had drivers pulled off routes in my center, but it was normally for serious offenses i.e a sexual harassment complaint. I didn't even know you could call corporate and get Eskew's number. I'll have to have my customers try that next time I'm on vacation and they are unhappy with the cover driver.

DS

Fenderbender
Theres a few things to look at here.What did you do to piss them off?
Are you on good terms with management?Maybe you could talk to the
CEO and ask what you supposedly did wrong.I`ve had plenty of complaints called in on me,but management knows me,and customers will often lie just to get thier way.We have a vet driver that constantly gets complaints because he wont talk unless its ups related,and he`s gruff in his conversations and wont wait or come back.He`s a very productive worker and has 43 apartment buildings in his area.The answer to your question all depends on what you did and whether you were following the proper procedures and methods.

switchoff

I had 6 complaints in a 9 month period one time. That is a record that still stands in my center. I've chilled out now that I'm taking my prescribed medication on a daily basis.

J

just another driver

Be more specific, I'm sure you asked your sup what exactly the problem was. Customer complaints are part of the job, if you did you're job the way you've always done it..like Alfred E Neumann says.."WHAT ME WORRY?"..

browniehound

Hangingon said:
We've had drivers pulled off routes in my center, but it was normally for serious offenses i.e a sexual harassment complaint. I didn't even know you could call corporate and get Eskew's number. I'll have to have my customers try that next time I'm on vacation and they are unhappy with the cover driver.

What a stand up guy you are. Rat out your brother to upper managment. I sure happy that I don't work in your center

fr8dog

We had a feeder driver that was taken off his bid run to the airport because he kept giving the security guards a hard time. You can tell this guy has a bad attitude anyway's.

Hangingon

Brownie you've told us already the kind of job you do. I am very grateful that you are well away from our center and my customers.

xracer

I have to agree with Hangingon, I am glad that Brownie is no where near our center. Most customers are not overly ready to call in a complaint no matter how poorly they are treated by the cover driver, they figure that person is only there for a week and they can deal with it for that short of a period. I personally consider many of my customers friends of mine and am greatly aggitated by a cover driver that treats them as though they are a nuisance to them and is rude, and have told customers to call the 800 number to complain about the cover driver. Would you want a babysitter coming in and slapping around your kids and then you pay them just because they were there no matter how bad of a job they did and how much they upset you, I believe this is a similar scenario as I treat my customers as family and do not want others coming in mistreating them...

sendagain

I've seen drivers pulled off of pickups because they are either very rude or they are hitting on women that aren't interested. Once, that forced a senior driver like me to add a bookstore on to my pickups, located in a narrow alley. I was not a happy camper.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Had a cover driver that was pulled off my route because of his attitude toward the customer. Did it to himself. And unlike brownie who seems to want to blame others for what he does, ole Jeff did it to himself.

And while they did not talk to Eskew, whom ever they got hold of made it very clear Jeff was never to be on my route ever again, even if management had to take the route out.

I think what really set them off was that the first day he went in shouting "UPS" and cut all the belts and conveyors on. After being told not to start equipment at the plant, he did so again the next day.

Some people just cant be taught.

d