Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server on Monday and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Customers providing Racial Slurs

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DiadTrainer, Oct 5, 2019.

1. DiadTrainer

DiadTrainer Member

some of us have been told all our lives to Not Pay Attention when someone calls you a N.g.g.r

you can turn the other cheek but you only have two

besides management moving you out of your area of knowledge because of the slur, what does UPS do about these situations? Southwest. 6yrs with the company 4 yrs driving and been called a N close to 20times now.

2. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I’m sorry for the idiots of my race calling you that. It’s totally not acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Don't forget about your butt-cheeks

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. pierregarcon

pierregarcon New Member

Don't want you to take this as I am questioning your authenticity or anything, but what's the scenario? In my day to day driving I find very few situations where people insult me personally, much less go the racial route? Is it some backwater white trash area or something weird? Like I said, not calling you a liar, more just curious about these awful people.

5. DiadTrainer

DiadTrainer Member

if I knew the reasons, I probably wouldn't even ask
    if I had answers I wouldnt ask. but I felt LIAR in this comment smh

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Is this your route?
    Speak to your center manager and tell him that you will not deliver to this person. That they will have to pick up their packages at the building. Management can put their address on permanent will call.

We have done that here to problem customers. They learn real quick disrespect of drivers will not be tolerated.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. sailfish

sailfish Hakuna Matata

Simple. Permanent will call.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. pierregarcon

pierregarcon New Member

I'm sorry you feel that way. With this being a text based online forum full of random folks, there's no way to prove I'm not some cracker assed cracker, so I won't bother. That being said, if one of my black co-workers were telling me that someone on route called them the n word my first response would be "wtf! How? Why?". Just being dumbfounded to the scenario that people would treat their UPS driver so poorly. Not ever questioning their honesty.

9. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean it that way. It’s just that I’m sure most people don’t hear people throwing words around like that all the time so he’s probably just surprised, as would I be.

10. LeaveIt2Griever

LeaveIt2Griever FileFileFile

Ignorant people like to throw tantrums when they don’t get their way. Won’t pick up their unpackaged 120lb RS1 call tag? “Lazy ****** wouldn’t pick up my box.”

Being called a slur 20+ times by different people, though...? I feel like there’s definitely more to the story.

11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I've been called slurs too, racists come in all colors. I just consider them ignorant and I ignore them. They only make fools out of themselves is the way I look at it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Companies are required to provide a workplace free from harassment, and that includes from customers. You should not have to be moved from your route to avoid harassment. You should definitely be able to report which customers are harassing you and have all their packages held for pick-up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

images-28.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. rod

rod retired and happy

I was called a N-gg-r many times back when I used to get so dirty from the dusty roads that I looked the part. What ever happened to the old "sticks and stones " way of thinking? Damn you people are pusillanimous now days

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We can't say the n word here but fag is totally acceptable.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Indecisi0n

So technically you use to go blackface?

17. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

Around here those stops would be picking up their packages from the center or access point.

18. Indecisi0n

Are you saying you were called the n word from a customer you were delivering to? If that's the case I would downright refused every package to that person . Explain to management that you were threatened and clerk work all their deliveries. You dont take that :censored2: from anyone .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. rod

rod retired and happy

any "exposed" skin was black

20. rod

rod retired and happy

I was black face before blackface was cool