Customers providing Racial Slurs

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Don't want you to take this as I am questioning your authenticity or anything, but what's the scenario? In my day to day driving I find very few situations where people insult me personally, much less go the racial route? Is it some backwater white trash area or something weird? Like I said, not calling you a liar, more just curious about these awful people.
He is in the SOUTH West.

When I had my city route I must have heard that work in conversation 100 times a day, and I'm white. I'm so immune to it that I get surprised when people I'm with get offended.
You answered the question. You are white.

Oftentimes I wonder how a company so huge and petty is so much different everywhere. That S* would never fly here. We've had drivers bit by dogs at the same address on more than one occasion and they still are not perm WC. The drivers just leave the packages by the road now.
Bit by dogs. They are animals acting like animals.

Degraded by a human customer acting like an animal. Two different things. If the company sent you to that location then they can take responsibility for the harrassment you endure and either fix it legally or logistically but they'd better fix it because right now, after all the lawsuits (finalized and pending) involving racial issues, if they hear that they have an employee harassed for being a certain race they have knowledge and they are liable by their own policies.

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
some of us have been told all our lives to Not Pay Attention when someone calls you a *

you can turn the other cheek but you only have two

besides management moving you out of your area of knowledge because of the slur, what does UPS do about these situations? Southwest. 6yrs with the company 4 yrs driving and been called a N close to 20times now.
I've been called worse dozens of times on this Brown Cafe forum.......
like water off a duck
just ignorance plain and simple........feel sorry for them like I do these clowns.

ManInBrown

some of us have been told all our lives to Not Pay Attention when someone calls you a *

you can turn the other cheek but you only have two

besides management moving you out of your area of knowledge because of the slur, what does UPS do about these situations? Southwest. 6yrs with the company 4 yrs driving and been called a N close to 20times now.
Those customers should be put on will call. You shouldnt have to go there anymore.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm sorry you feel that way. With this being a text based online forum full of random folks, there's no way to prove I'm not some cracker assed cracker, so I won't bother. That being said, if one of my black co-workers were telling me that someone on route called them the n word my first response would be "wtf! How? Why?". Just being dumbfounded to the scenario that people would treat their UPS driver so poorly. Not ever questioning their honesty.
I've been called worse dozens of times on this Brown Cafe forum.......
like water off a duck
just ignorance plain and simple........feel sorry for them like I do these clowns.

43DEAE18-7A50-4CB9-9342-E0FAB02A592C.gif

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Fedex driver cleared in fatal punch of man who attacked him, yelled racist slurs - CBS News

Prosecutors say a FedEx driver was justified in punching a Portland, Oregon, man after he yelled racial slurs and tried to hit the driver first. Joseph Magnuson died following the September encounter with driver Timothy Warren, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported.

The Multnomah County District Attorney's Office announced Monday that there's no indication Warren intended to kill Magnuson.

A county medical examiner determined Magnuson was in "extremely poor health" prior to the encounter, and his fall after the punch to the head aggravated pre-existing conditions.
There's someone who settled the issue the day it happened.
I guess the perpetrator shouldn't have brought his face to a fist fight or he forgot to duck.