customers reactions

mittam

So very sad but true.
We have a company always got delivered by 11:00 am and now by pass it is about 2:30 in afternoon unless we break off to get to them early, They are a tractor dealer in rural county that keep farmers going. It's very important to get their deliveries early have always tried to accommodate them and help out with early deliveries. I now break off to get to them and it ads half hour to my day I am glad however to take care of a valued customer, they ship out with us between 10 and 15 a day so I help them out as much as possible.

helenofcalifornia

Mittam- you are so right in doing that. I do that too with some of my customers. I don't know if UPS is the wiser, but it works for the customer and I feel better. It sometimes appears that the drivers are the only ones concerned about retaining our customers.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I break off EDD to take care of my businesses too. They depend on us for deliveries to run their businesses, they also have UPS shipping accounts so they can take care of their customers. Too bad UPS Industrial Engineers aren't taught that.:confused:1

ups_vette

mittam...It's nice to know that you're manufacturing overtime by adding a half hour to your paid day. I suppose you also file a grievence for going over 9.5 hours

Last edited:

hoser

Industrial Slob
When they relooped my route I had a lot of unhappy businesses getting del late in the day, they called UPS and were told sorry thats the way it is, we have a business to run too.:sad:
Fair enough? I assume it's standard deliveries, if they want them to come earlier, put 'em on express saver. Or use FX ground where they'll come at a different time every day

30andout

Fair enough? I assume it's standard deliveries, if they want them to come earlier, put 'em on express saver. Or use FX ground where they'll come at a different time every day
So I guess its good business to tell a cust. after 20 years of 10:00 del time that they now need to use overnight service to get their del before 4:oo. Or they can have their orders sent another way. Sounds just like UPS thinking.

hoser

Industrial Slob
So I guess its good business to tell a cust. after 20 years of 10:00 del time that they now need to use overnight service to get their del before 4:oo. Or they can have their orders sent another way. Sounds just like UPS thinking.
No other courier company would have 10h00 service comittment times on standard deliveries. So I don't know why UPS would or should.

30andout

Actually, we do have commit times for certain large accounts, such as Rack Room etc. Special large accounts can name their time, such as before noon or whatever.
Thank you ,but all I am trying to say is I don't see why UPS doesn't care more about service when they change routs around.

JustAnotherBody

Actually, we do have commit times for certain large accounts, such as Rack Room etc. Special large accounts can name their time, such as before noon or whatever.

they dont even have to be that large.. i had a stop with like 20 - 30 delivered a day and MAYBE 50 picked up and they still got ALL their packages before 10 daily.

rngri4

they dont even have to be that large.. i had a stop with like 20 - 30 delivered a day and MAYBE 50 picked up and they still got ALL their packages before 10 daily.

But the point is that they are a large, and here is the kicker in most cases, Nationwide Accounts. All Rack Rooms, Stein Marts, and Wal-Mart's along with a handful of other have certain delivery window times, you may only deliver 10 packages a day to the store on your route, but every other store in the nation is getting the same or more, thus making it a large account. A large commit time account is usually a million plus a year account, but again not in all cases.