Customers wanting to open packages before signing.

clean hairy

I've had 2 packages that were marked 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.
Only one of them was COD. Customer refused the COD and signed for the other.
Not my problem.
Hope the shipper learned a valuable lesson.
Let's say say a store has a shipment of 50 Widgets at $10 each in their own box.
Would you rather wait for the Receiver to write 1 check for $500, or 50 checks, 1 for each box?
As the Shipper, would you rather process 1 for the $500, or 50 seperate checks?
As the Receiver, would you rather write 1 check for all 50, or have to write 50 separate checks?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let's say say a store has a shipment of 50 Widgets at $10 each in their own box.
Would you rather wait for the Receiver to write 1 check for $500, or 50 checks, 1 for each box?
As the Receiver, would you rather write 1 check for all 50, or have to write 50 separate checks?
I'd rather use a credit card like everyone else living in this century.
But in regards to your scenario, I think the shipper is less concerned with the number of checks as they are with the $12.50 fee per COD. If they want to take that risk it's up to them, I'm just a dumb truck driver. A package either has a COD amount on the label or it doesn't.

pkgdriver

Same shipper..why would you get 50 checks?

wayfair

swollen member

I'm allowed 2 and half minutes for each COD

I'd call my supe and tell him I need business delivery help... lol

clean hairy

Same shipper..why would you get 50 checks?
Because, if the first one is a C.O.D. and the other 49 are not, the Receiver just got 49 boxes of free inventory, by refusing the first box..

Let's say I find an online tire store I never heard of before, but decide to give them a try.
I will insist my tires are sent out C.O.D., seeing as I want to be sure they do not take my money and disappear.
I order 5 tires, 4 plus a spare.
In one scenario, the tires are 1 of 5, and the first one has the C.O.D. on it.
So, I can write one check for all 5 tires, or refuse the first and take the remaining 4. (so, I just got 4 free tires!) Which I would not do, this is just for example sake.
Second scenario, 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc each is a C.O.D. therefore, I have to write 5 checks, one for each tire.
What makes more sense? One check for each tire, or one check for all 5?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Because, if the first one is a C.O.D. and the other 49 are not, the Receiver just got 49 boxes of free inventory, by refusing the first box..

Let's say I find an online tire store I never heard of before, but decide to give them a try.
I will insist my tires are sent out C.O.D., seeing as I want to be sure they do not take my money and disappear.
So, I refuse the 1st of 5, and keep 2 -5. (so, I just got 4 free tires!)
Second scenario, 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc each is a C.O.D. therefore, I have to write 5 checks, one for each tire.
Doesn't matter how many individual CODs there are. As long as it's the same shipper number for each COD, they cant write one check for all of the individual CODs

pkgdriver

So, I can write one check for all 5 tires, or refuse the first and take the remaining 4. (so, I just got 4 free tires!) Which I would not do, this is just for example sake.

Maybe Im slow.... but Im still getting one check in the second scenario.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One check for all 5 and pass along the COD charges to the consignee.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I'd rather use a credit card like everyone else living in this century.
But in regards to your scenario, I think the shipper is less concerned with the number of checks as they are with the $12.50 fee per COD. If they want to take that risk it's up to them, I'm just a dumb truck driver. A package either has a COD amount on the label or it doesn't.

They are going to pass that cost on to the receiver.