Customers wanting to open packages before signing.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yup, they are back...Only now BBI, no idea what that stands for. You MUST remember them, mid to late 80s, blue and black boxes, no tape just straps.

Like what the other guys are saying. He is signing for delivery. That is it. He has the option to refuse, if so he can not open. This happened to me once and I put the delivery on will call same day. Never had a problem again.

overflowed

We have a damaged delivered option on our scanners, much easier that "you can't open it but if it is indeed damaged this scan will help you with your claim", never had anyone refuse to sign immediately.

Sam75

The driver doesn't care about you, some of them are the rudest people on the planet. Big deal, take a quick peak inside the box, that's all. I mean how often are you going to get the idiot who wants to waste your time and inspect it like it's the space shuttle?

CoolArrow

I've run out of rude customers they are all scared to death of me. I wish someone would ask to open a package but I've beat them all into submission :(
Might be time for a new route and fresh challenges.

xman

What would you do if res cust asks to sign for one of the packages instead of two? Secondly what would you do if the res cust takes the package from you before signing for it?

xman

Sick that sumbitch square in the mouth
That would be for the second scenario, you mean? And then, get arrested for felony battery, get fired, and lose your ability to rent almost anywhere! Let's say you kept your temper. Then what would be the smart thing?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What would you do if res cust asks to sign for one of the packages instead of two? Secondly what would you do if the res cust takes the package from you before signing for it?
Sign for both or refuse them both. I guess next time you'll keep a better grip on the package!

Indecisi0n

Don't hand him the package first but the board to sign. You can tell him who it's coming front and who it's addressed to. If he doesn't sign then refused -didn't want it.
Not sure if it's because I'm a route driver with my regular customers or that's I'm getting older but I just don't care anymore and let them. Most of the time the box looks like a car ran it over anyway so no one will even ask if it's been open.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I will not let a customer touch a package until it is signed for. The only exception to my rule is if the package looks really damaged

dezguy

On our side, I tell the customer there is absolutely nothing I can do if the contents are damaged. Their options are to sign for the package and make a claim if there is damage or refuse the package.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
1) Tell them since they are there, if they refuse to sign for both the other package will be refused.
2) I physically keep the packages away from them until they sign in the hood.