Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexyupsman

Yes I am a customer not an employee. However, I do have an intimate relationship with UPS. My driver was making a delivery today to a somewhat rural area. The road was a one way path. He gets to a certain point in the road where there were cones indicating caution newly paved road. Out comes this 80 year old S.O.B. telling him he cant go down the road and he needs to back out. Mind you he is about 2 football fields on a blind curve and no place but at the end of this road to turn around. The package was a priority medicine package that needed to be delivered. He told the man (with courtesy) he could not back out and would have to continue to deliver his package. Guy goes ballistic! My driver goes delivers the meds and goes about his day. He gets a call from the Hub and what do you know this old bastard files a complaint and now hes got to go back to the Hub and explain. ***? Whos side is UPS on? You all drive those big trucks and maneuver them with great cautions. I have seen many drivers do their magic. You deserve more than a bitch session from management.:angry:

drewed

Shankman
Maybe he shouldnt be spending so much time talking to you....could be considered stealing time with a personal convo and he shouldnt be talking about other customers with another one. This isnt youre fight or your problem

sexyupsman

Maybe he shouldnt be spending so much time talking to you....could be considered stealing time with a personal convo and he shouldnt be talking about other customers with another one. This isnt youre fight or your problem
Your right it is not my FIGHT or PROBLEM. You know what I hope you realize how disrespectful that is to your fellow drivers. I was not told what happened I observed and overheard a conversation. I thought to myself I wonder if the other guys out there dealt with that kind of stupidity. Thats all. Now do you have a real response or what?

sexyupsman

What are you gonna find out where I live and find out what hub he works at and report him? What is that? Whatever

gandydancer

... He gets a call from the Hub and what do you know this old bastard files a complaint and now hes got to go back to the Hub and explain. ***? Whos side is UPS on? ...

Bitch sessions with management are part of the job at UPS. As long as you're on the clock and you enjoy giving as much as you get it's the easiest part of your day.

Your right it is not my FIGHT or PROBLEM. You know what I hope you realize how disrespectful that is to your fellow drivers. I was not told what happened I observed and overheard a conversation. I thought to myself I wonder if the other guys out there dealt with that kind of stupidity. Thats all. Now do you have a real response or what?

A rural area, yet you witnessed the incident.....what are the rules pertaining to non employees riding along? Curious..

Drewed is management...nuff said.

drewed

Shankman
Your right it is not my FIGHT or PROBLEM. You know what I hope you realize how disrespectful that is to your fellow drivers. I was not told what happened I observed and overheard a conversation. I thought to myself I wonder if the other guys out there dealt with that kind of stupidity. That's all. Now do you have a real response or what?
We're a service company therefore in a lot of cases the customers or the potential customer is right unless there's absolutely no doubt they're wrong (and even then its a question) Its unprofessional and disrespectful to talk about a customer in front of another, if he wants to come on here and bitch about it anomalously that's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

sexyupsman

Bitch sessions with management are part of the job at UPS. As long as you're on the clock and you enjoy giving as much as you get it's the easiest part of your day.
I know. I work in a large company and I see people snitch on eachother all the time. I just dont understand why. If it was going to cause harm to life sure. But my mom nor dad work with me so dont yell at me. You deserve better than that. Everyone does. And what gives the customer the right to cuss out the driver? How do you guys handle that? That has to suck. Thick skin I guess.

sexyupsman

No Im just saying hes giving management reason to fire him if hes spending time talking about his day at his stops.
Thank you. I appreciate your post. I am talking in general. How do you being in mangement deal with it? You know your drivers do their best but people do lie to create some entertainment for themselves. I dont like it and I just wanted to point it out.
Sorry for whatever I did to you I really made a change toward this site and other members and think UPS is great.

I know. I work in a large company and I see people snitch on eachother all the time. I just dont understand why. If it was going to cause harm to life sure. But my mom nor dad work with me so dont yell at me. You deserve better than that. Everyone does. And what gives the customer the right to cuss out the driver? How do you guys handle that? That has to suck. Thick skin I guess.
Part of professionalism is putting up with rude customers. It's simply part of the job. Having to explain to the boss is also part of the job. I hope your driver didn't get yelled at too bad. In the long run though, that's probably as bad as it will get for this incident.

sexyupsman

Wow! First of all I do not ride with my driver. Second he didnt tell me anything. Most of what I posted was in my own imagination and opion of an overheard conversation. Im sticking to reading and responding to posts and will NEVER create one. Im shaking. Wow!:knockedout:

drewed

Shankman
Wow! First of all I do not ride with my driver. Second he didnt tell me anything. Most of what I posted was in my own imagination and opion of an overheard conversation. Im sticking to reading and responding to posts and will NEVER create one. Im shaking. Wow!:knockedout:
So its all hear say and day dreaming done by you? So the situation in reality could have either been much worse or much better then you described?

P

pickup

reply:

[video=youtube;HzMWDvybKfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzMWDvybKfo[/video]

We're a service company therefore in a lot of cases the customers or the potential customer is right unless theres absolutely no doubt theyre wrong (and even then its a question) Its unproffessional and disrespectful to talk about a customer in front of another, if he wants to come on here and bitch about it anomyously thats fine.

Reading 101..... IT wasn't the customer that called in the complaint, just a crotchety old man that lived down the lane. It's unprofessional and disrespectful to talk out of school too.

sexyupsman

So its all hear say and day dreaming done by you? So the situation in reality could have either been much worse or much better then you described?
For all I know the man could have been a woman. It was more of a praise of the drivers. I know my driver is a good guy and would not be disrespectful towards the customer Im sure that has to be difficult and then have management question the driver later. Its gotta be hard. For both.

Status
Not open for further replies.