Cut back plan today

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't recall ever dragging my butt on purpose. (Fair days work for a fair days pay was the way I was raised). I will admit I did slow down after dark though. There were a few times when I was shorted on a check and had a hard time getting them to adjust it for me that I did plop my butt down at the coffee shop longer than I was suppose to but that was only to get what I had coming to me.

BUCN85

It is....

So far this year I got just over 32 hrs of guaranteed time some weeks I have none the most I have had in a week is 3.95 hours.
Dang. I'm in a bonus center and don't think I have even ever bonused 3.95 in a week. Maybe 3.5 at the very best.

ManInBrown

Why would they pay you to do nothing, when they could pay you to go help another driver? That would never fly here. On the few occasions it looked like I would be done in under 8 in the last year, I got the green light of doom every time to go do this or do that. Can they not summon you to help someone in a bonus center? Just curious. It's not the UPS way to pay you to do nothing, when they could pay you to work instead

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just wait, the new telematics will be real time updates instead of the 15min lag it does now. There will also be updates throughout the day in relation to how you're running vs plan, for those who think they can slide under the radar and get guarantee, those days are ending. Currently there's a report generated that shows how you performed throughout the day, where you gained or lost time vs the plan. This report is only generated after the day is fully complete, new update will make this real time.

Why would they pay you to do nothing, when they could pay you to go help another driver? That would never fly here. On the few occasions it looked like I would be done in under 8 in the last year, I got the green light of doom every time to go do this or do that. Can they not summon you to help someone in a bonus center? Just curious. It's not the UPS way to pay you to do nothing, when they could pay you to work instead
Exactly. Where I am if you want your guaranteed 8 you have to work for it. No sitting with your thumb up your ass watching the clock tick

Just wait, the new telematics will be real time updates instead of the 15min lag it does now. There will also be updates throughout the day in relation to how you're running vs plan, for those who think they can slide under the radar and get guarantee, those days are ending. Currently there's a report generated that shows how you performed throughout the day, where you gained or lost time vs the plan. This report is only generated after the day is fully complete, new update will make this real time.
Great I can see some more "armchair quarterbacking" from my sup when this hits our center. Green light frenzy...

Overpaid Union Thug

Not in a bonus center. How does it work when they want you to go help another driver when finished?

What happens is there is allot of whining from the bonus babies when they are summoned to help others.