cut my feeder job

bigrig

Here's my question if feeder work is transferred to another hub or building from your building causing you to lose your job is this covered under change of operation. Load originatates at my domicile was given to another driver from another hub. Was told that they were saving money by giving it to driver bring in a load without a return load. I had loads in both directions. But hub I report also started a new run pulling and empty trailer up to pickup second leg of my run .No change of operation was offered to me do I have a grievance on lost work by not being offered to follow my work. How would you handle in your opinion. Already talk to business agent but just want to know others opinion that may have experienced this issue seems to be happening often.. I would like to follow my work.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here's my question if feeder work is transferred to another hub or building from your building causing you to lose your job is this covered under change of operation. Load originatates at my domicile was given to another driver from another hub. Was told that they were saving money by giving it to driver bring in a load without a return load. I had loads in both directions. But hub I report also started a new run pulling and empty trailer up to pickup second leg of my run .No change of operation was offered to me do I have a grievance on lost work by not being offered to follow my work. How would you handle in your opinion. Already talk to business agent but just want to know others opinion that may have experienced this issue seems to be happening often.. I would like to follow my work.
If your run gets moved to another hub as a new run at that hub then yeah, you can follow. If they just eliminate it and farm the legs out to existing runs then no. You might have a case on the new run at your hub.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

What are of the country are you in. Central, western, southern? You can get a diffrent answer depending on where you are from

bigrig

Iam in the southern region. The new run that was created is not in my hub it is at a hub that i report to.

Daf

Yes. Discuss with your BA. The company was supposed to notify the union at least 45 days prior to change to iron out these issues.

bigrig

I discuss with Ba already just wanted opinion of others on issue. I believe that change of operations should have been done but it was not. This change was done on annual bid job. Thinking no one would notice.