Dallas

Sportello

Banned
you left out the fact and it is a fact that non whites are responsible for 90% of violent crime in the U.S. nice try.

I would really like to see where you get this figure from.

A quick search provided this FBI statistics page:
Table 43

The only place I could find the 90% figure is a RW blog that makes up interpretations of actual FBI statistics.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is a great point. It doesnt suit your argument really, even though you "think" it does.

At the time, Charles Whitman used what would be considered today as OLD guns and ineffective against a police department today. However, at the time, his weapons were BETTER and more accurate than ANY of the guns the police had at the time rendering the police force USELESS to stop him.

Combined with a good vantage point and height, the police weapons could not reach the shooter and effectively giving the shooter the advantage by having the better guns.

It took 4 men, to breach the tower and take him out at close range at a great sacrifice to themselves.

You are correct that the Austin PD did not at that time have scoped rifles in their arsenal that were suitable for engaging a sniper.

A commonly overlooked fact about the Whitman massacre is that the first effective response actually came from students and nearby civilians who began shooting back at Whitman with their own hunting rifles.

They failed to hit him, but their return fire saved lives by forcing him to duck and remain below the wall and aim and shoot through the rain gutters which severely limited his visibility and field of fire. The return fire gave police the cover they needed to approach and enter the building where they made their way up the stairs and subsequently killed him.

The point to all of this is that a scoped bolt action rifle is every bit as lethal as an AR-15 in the hands of one who knows how to use it. Indeed, Whitman was making shots at distances of up to 500 meters which is beyond the effective range of an AR-15.

oldngray

nowhere special
Even assuming it's factual, it says nothing about anything, and serves absolutely no purpose in the discussion whatsoever.

Her purpose in posting that was in response to your post that showed blacks are more likely to be involved in a shooting than whites in relation to their % of population. Since they are also far more likely to be involved in a violent crime that explains and debunks your point.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Her purpose in posting that was in response to your post that showed blacks are more likely to be involved in a shooting than whites in relation to their % of population. Since they are also far more likely to be involved in a violent crime that explains and debunks your point.
TTKU.
She posted whites are more likely to be shot by police, I pointed out she was wrong.

She seems to be really preoccupied with race and I find that quite revealing.

oldngray

nowhere special
TTKU.
She posted whites are more likely to be shot by police, I pointed out she was wrong.

She seems to be really preoccupied with race and I find that quite revealing.

More whites ARE shot by police than blacks. If you want to break it down into percentages then blacks become more likely although the total is still less. Blacks are also more likely to commit a violent crime and violent crimes end in shootings more often regardless of race.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
More whites ARE shot by police than blacks. If you want to break it down into percentages then blacks become more likely although the total is still less. Blacks are also more likely to commit a violent crime and violent crimes end in shootings more often regardless of race.
Again I don't understand your or her point.
Are you suggesting black people are genetically inclined to crime?
If you're not, what the hell is your point?

bbsam

Staff member
Incorrect. Perhaps you could post data that can be diagnosed.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
At the upcoming Police Review hearing in Dallas.....

Q: "Why did you feel it was necessary to use one pound of C-4 high explosive in order to neutralize the shooter?"

A: "Because we didn't have two pounds."

moreluck

golden ticket member
The video was requested by someone (I forget who asked for it), so I dug it up and posted it. I don't remember what thread it was asked for in, so I posted it here since it was a response to the Dallas shootings.....so shoot me !!

oldngray

nowhere special
Again I don't understand your or her point.
Are you suggesting black people are genetically inclined to crime?
If you're not, what the hell is your point?

Not suggesting anything of the sort. That would be all your interpretation. All we did was post the numbers and let you draw your own inferences.

My belief is it all goes down to the family and how kids are raised to instill values. Doesn't matter what race or socioeconomic background. It all starts in the home.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At the upcoming Police Review hearing in Dallas.....

Q: "Why did you feel it was necessary to use one pound of C-4 high explosive in order to neutralize the shooter?"

A: "Because we didn't have two pounds."

Can you imagine sitting there with no means of escape watching the robot slowly make it's way toward you, place the explosive device next to you and slowly back away, knowing that you would be dead within minutes?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not suggesting anything of the sort. That would be all your interpretation. All we did was post the numbers and let you draw your own inferences.

My belief is it all goes down to the family and how kids are raised to instill values. Doesn't matter what race or socioeconomic background. It all starts in the home.

So, in other words, you have no thoughts of your own to add to the discussion.

What a surprise.