Damaged Packages Out of Control!

Mike Hawk

That’s total BS a damaged looking package is 90% of the time does NOT have damaged stuff in it, it just looks bad. Example I loaded a box that was 3'x1'x5' that looked horrible, I cut open the top and looked in and there was a tiny Guitar Hero box in the bottom, you could have fit 8 more of those in that box but because there was no packing material the empty box caved in. The package inside the box was fine, the box just looked really bad.

Monday just take any package that might be possibly damaged and store them under the belt, tell a supe to have them damage checked and repacked them so they don’t look damaged, then you will load them. They will throw a fit over 30 packages left in building but your butt is covered, you were working as directed. Go ahead and remove the SPA label so the supe can't load them on the truck after you leave. If they actually do go up to the clerk station to get damage checked the clerk can apply a new label.

filthpig

If you have a package that looks "ragged" or damaged do what I do. Either take the time to fix up the package or return it to the Center as "damaged" and let them handle it.

PAUPSER

The people to blame for damage packages is management, bacause they encourages this behavior! Anyone that every worked loading and unloading trailors will tell you that everything is built on speed! its a little hard to work 100mph, be safe, have someone yell at you to go faster and yet handle the packages with gentle care!

As for damages anytime i get a package in my car that the box is smashed i take it to the customer counter and exam the contents and repackage the contents in a new box