Dangerous Packages

TUT

I'm one of those people that hates being inside, even when it's raining or snowing, so in many ways, I limited myself in terms of career opportunities. At one point, I thought I would stay with FedEx and go into management. That changed when I got to see how management had changed at this company, and I knew I could never stomach their games ethically. FedEx used to be a very good company, so good that many of us thought (incorrectly) that it was a long-term quality company. You're right about education. Bill Gates is a college dropout, and I believe Mr. Jobs also never finished college. There are lots of people with GEDs' that make millions. What is happening at Fedex now goes far beyond just a changing Express marketplace. It has a lot to do with greed, over-compensated executives who think they're God, and sheer incompetence. Some of our top people have made horrendous decisions, yet they're kept around to make even more bad ones. If I look sideways at a customer, I could be gone tomorrow, yet they decide on things like a completely "wrong" aircraft fleet, and they get promoted.

You know I agree with you overall "world marketplace". But when you get down to the micro-parts of it, you for example. You are the one that needs to take action, you cannot rely on Fedex, you know that. So you have to stop procrastinating.