Dave Chapelle should be considered a bigot.

El Correcto

god is dead
I was watching his newest special on Netflix, I enjoyed it. My mind kept wandering to the Gavin McInnes, Milo, Steven Crowder and other right wing figures as I listened to some of the most “homophobic” and racist jokes I’ve heard in a while.

If you put any right wing figure in Dave’s shoes and replaced white with black in his jokes, they would be front page news as America’s most wanted hate figure.

I enjoyed his stand up, I felt it’s the best he has done since coming back. You got to see him dive into some funny scenario comedy which is his main forte and his bit about the alphabet folk carpooling was pretty dead on.

That being said if any white man did those jokes, especially a right winger, he would be metaphorically lynched in this day in age. Instead Dave is cheered and given a major platform to perform on.

MAKAVELI

I was watching his newest special on Netflix, I enjoyed it. My mind kept wandering to the Gavin McInnes, Milo, Steven Crowder and other right wing figures as I listened to some of the most “homophobic” and racist jokes I’ve heard in a while.

If you put any right wing figure in Dave’s shoes and replaced white with black in his jokes, they would be front page news as America’s most wanted hate figure.

I enjoyed his stand up, I felt it’s the best he has done since coming back. You got to see him dive into some funny scenario comedy which is his main forte and his bit about the alphabet folk carpooling was pretty dead on.

That being said if any white man did those jokes, especially a right winger, he would be metaphorically lynched in this day in age. Instead Dave is cheered and given a major platform to perform on.
If you watch his stand up and think what if a white person said what he said then maybe you finally have had an epiphany.

El Correcto

god is dead
If you watch his stand up and think what if a white person said what he said then maybe you finally have had an epiphany.
I’m mainly talking about his bit about buying a shotgun to shoot white people, mocking the heroin epidemic and white drug users. Also the white kids as school shooters.

Swap those for a white man talking about buying a gun to keep the blacks off his property, mocking minorities caught up in the drug war and casting all the minority kids in inner cities as violent gang bangers.

He also showed a very flawed understanding of “right wing” constitutional beliefs. This is to be expected from a hermit who surrounds himself with progressives when he does decide to get out.

El Correcto

god is dead
Don’t get me wrong I can see the irony in a black man doing these things and taking on the role of a white bourgeois figure in the 50’s but now a black man is the successful one. But I don’t really think that’s what Dave was going for, I think it’s an unintentional part of unironically being a black bourgeois man in 2019 America.

El Correcto

god is dead
Dave is just plain funny and definitely edgy!
I love him.
My parents were blind too!

I like Dave as well.

I’m just highlighting this double standard and people using his jokes to justify promulgating the double standard.

His bit about using :censored2: on tv compared to the n word. Gays don’t use the word :censored2:, Elton John and Freddie Mercury didn’t walk around singing “What up my faggots”, you don’t see gay men on TV normalizing the word and it’s not a huge part of “gay” dialect and culture. It’s something you might hear in the bedroom, but’s it’s not some major staple in gay culture.

The N-Word on the other hand is all of those things.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I like Dave as well.

I’m just highlighting this double standard and people using his jokes to justify promulgating the double standard.

His bit about using :censored2: on tv compared to the n word. Gays don’t use the word :censored2:, Elton John and Freddie Mercury didn’t walk around singing “What up my faggots”, you don’t see gay men on TV normalizing the word and it’s not a huge part of “gay” dialect and culture. It’s something you might hear in the bedroom, but’s it’s not some major staple in gay culture.

The N-Word on the other hand is all of those things.
Sly & the Family Stone - Don't call me N***** Whitey

It will be fine

Blah blah, white people are oppressed, blah blah white people are the real victim of racism. Let’s all cry for the poor white man.

Serf

Didn't he check himself into a mental health clinic some years ago? Some sort of breakdown. I admit I laughed at most of his skits. But I also remember members of the black community saying he was setting them back 50 yrs.

MAKAVELI

Black Privilege --- it's the in thing now.
giphy-1.gif