DAY 1 Starting tomorrow

old levi's

blank space
I'll be honest with you, I already dislike you, not because you're a woman but an outside hire.
You are 47, add 12 years of part-time work, and now you're 59. See where this is going?

Indecisi0n

I started with UPS last year before peak, I am 47, hired off the street, had zero labor experience, had never worked around trucks. Oh, and I'm a woman. I'm running scratch and bringing back fewer packages than most of the guys at my center. The others who were hired with me have had accidents, have to take days off for court, they punch in hungover, they run out of gas, they pitch fits with supervisors. At our age, we don't work harder, we work smarter.
You go gurl

charmschool

Already retired and living large, she won't make it, just clogging up the system and delaying entry for someone who has earned a spot.

If by "living large" you mean you sit around making spineless digs then yes, you are living large! Go big, babe. Might want to see a doc about the crusty surlyosis, though.

old levi's

blank space
I started with UPS last year before peak, I am 47, hired off the street, had zero labor experience, had never worked around trucks. Oh, and I'm a woman. I'm running scratch and bringing back fewer packages than most of the guys at my center. The others who were hired with me have had accidents, have to take days off for court, they punch in hungover, they run out of gas, they pitch fits with supervisors. At our age, we don't work harder, we work smarter.

Do let us know when you are fired, or decide to quit.