Days off to get Driver Helps Working?!?!?!?

Johney

Nobody around here complains about days off effecting the pension fund at all.(Central States)? Only whining we get is from the junior guys bitching that the senior guys take all the available days off. We just had a guy retire with 30 years and I swear it seemed he took 2 days off a week for the last 5 years. You all may be right, I just don't here anyone talk about it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hulk, if you are a full time seniority driver, you are guaranteed 8hrs work every day before any helper is put on the street. If you are not working and any helpers are. File for all time worked by every helper or your 8hr guarantee whichever is greater.

In the case of not driving and no helpers working you have the right to displace 2 part timers. If they do not allow it, file for your time.

He's almost right.
If a driver helper works ahead of a full time driver for any amount of time that driver can now file for his 8 hr guarantee.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Nobody around here complains about days off effecting the pension fund at all.(Central States)? Only whining we get is from the junior guys bitching that the senior guys take all the available days off. We just had a guy retire with 30 years and I swear it seemed he took 2 days off a week for the last 5 years. You all may be right, I just don't here anyone talk about it.
Your last 5 yrs of income affects your SS retirement, also.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This has already been covered--try to keep up.
I didn't realize you had finally had that Extremely long conversation with Our BA. Oh, that's right. It was me who confirmed with him that not only that fact, but sooooo many others.
Hammond said 'Hello'.
Try and keep up when you get out Playland.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Pension contributions are only made for hours worked. Contributions are not being made for drivers taking dead days. If this were not the case why are some pension funds contemplating raising the hours requirement to 2000?
because there to busy stealing the money