Dear Santa. My Dream Package Car

WTFm8

'95 international with a 5 speed.

Still have a manual 24’ and 2 700s. This is the last peak for the 1 700.

This year the 24’ box got a new engine, then clutch, then rear output of trans started leaking so the whole trans got replaced LOL. All in a few months time.

specter208

Still have a manual 24’ and 2 700s. This is the last peak for the 1 700.

This year the 24’ box got a new engine, then clutch, then rear output of trans started leaking so the whole trans got replaced LOL. All in a few months time.
We had a 2000 International 4700 Air Shuttle w/ 5-Speed. I think we loaned it to another center for peak. Hope we get it back because it is our last MT at my building and thus my favorite truck

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
D7241235-E933-4196-AB3B-2D8A9C57F6B6.jpeg
We still got one of these bad boys around here ...hopefully we get some new ones soon..

ibleedbrown

Infotainment system on dash linked to diad with detailed info on each stop including pictures of house, pick up location, entrance, customer and packages so you know what and who to look for. This would make covering a route blind a breeze until they add 50 stops!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Don't forget when all the floor pedals came up through the floor. Used to stuff newspaper in the holes around
the pedals to keep the air out. And of course the classic, cardboard in front of the radiator to hopefully create
some heat for the heater.

I bungeed a piece on the grill. Checked with the mechanic, and he said that would help with the cold air under the hood and still let the engine stay in range.

Packing tape around the engine cover too

I had a guy on one route who sold packing supplies. Every fall I would grab a roll or two of duct tape from him and seal the doghouse and everything else I could.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't forget when all the floor pedals came up through the floor. Used to stuff newspaper in the holes around
the pedals to keep the air out. And of course the classic, cardboard in front of the radiator to hopefully create

My original 8 cube was so drafty I had to stop it to light a cigarette.

rod

Retired 22 years

I also remember having to hold onto an ice scraper to scrape the frost off the inside of the windshield as I was going down the road. Damn we had some junk back then.

rod

Retired 22 years
Forget being able to see out your side mirrors.

I once had a highway patrolman stop me in the little town I delivered in and want to know why I never pulled over for him until the last second when he came up behind me (with lights flashing and siren blaring) about 5 miles out of town. . I explained to him that #1- I couldn't see him coming up behind me because my windows were all frosted except for what I could keep ooen with my ice scraper and #2. I didn't hear him until the last second because the truck was so noisy. He chewed me out and told me to tell the boss we needed better equipment.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I used to tape a carpet sample on the floor where my feet went to keep them off that cold aluminum floor

When it got to dirty I’d rip it out and tape another one down

Worked surprisingly well

Zowert

All I want is a damn DIAD charger.. the battery in my board is down to 20% by 4pm. I’ve been stuck waiting for someone to run a fresh battery FOUR times this peak.