Death in Syracuse

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Same old shtick.

I think I know how rod feels.

I call it like I see it, and have been seeing it, for 25 years now. Go ahead and dismiss it as "shtick" if you want; I'm sure its a lot easier than admitting that there might be some truth in what I say.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I call it like I see it, and have been seeing it, for 25 years now. Go ahead and dismiss it as "shtick" if you want; I'm sure its a lot easier than admitting that there might be some truth in what I say.

Not questioning your shtick material ... it's just that it's the same thing over and over again.
Henny Youngman's "take my wife please", while funny, did get old after a couple hundred times.

U

uber

Not questioning your shtick material ... it's just that it's the same thing over and over again.
Henny Youngman's "take my wife please", while funny, did get old after a couple hundred times.

Hahaha, but your boy Upstate's garbage he spews isn't "schtick".

I haven't been around long enough to know what part of the company you work in. But, from the little of your posts that I've read, its obvious you're management in some capacity.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hahaha, but your boy Upstate's garbage he spews isn't "schtick".

I haven't been around long enough to know what part of the company you work in. But, from the little of your posts that I've read, its obvious you're management in some capacity.

Upstate is a driver and he criticizes UPS as much and probably more than he agrees with what UPS does. Furthermore, you would have to take off your shoes and socks to count the many different points he has when he responds in regards to UPS or the Teamsters.

Sober is one of the posters here that I make it a point to read his posts but it gets a bit boring at times.

I'm just trying to get Sober to change up his routine a little. He needs new material ... he basically says the same 4 or 5 things over and over and over again.

If you go back and read what I posted in reply to sober, I don't disagree with what he posted but every situation at UPS should not be answered by 4 or 5 canned observations.

I'm sure UPS has hundreds of things that are done wrong.

Jeez, take my wife, please.

W

want to retire

Upstate is a driver and he criticizes UPS as much and probably more than he agrees with what UPS does. Furthermore, you would have to take off your shoes and socks to count the many different points he has when he responds in regards to UPS or the Teamsters.

Sober is one of the posters here that I make it a point to read his posts but it gets a bit boring at times.

I'm just trying to get Sober to change up his routine a little. He needs new material ... he basically says the same 4 or 5 things over and over and over again.

If you go back and read what I posted in reply to sober, I don't disagree with what he posted but every situation at UPS should not be answered by 4 or 5 canned observations.

And........your response is as predictable as the sun coming up too(to be trite). I believe if you had spent 40 years as an hourly your responses would sound eerily similar to Sober. Unless, you are that strange animal(there are a few) like Upstate. So, while "feeling" "enlightened" don't get injured patting yourself on the back. Most "normal" folks who spend one hour to 30 years(at UPS) and beyond are bound to be pretty jaded(hourly or otherwise). Especially in the trenches. When I read the conversations back and forth, it's like putting in a cassette(dvd, 8 track...).....you know who's going to say what, do, act and respond. We are all creatures of habit(yes, even mgt.). Even YOU.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I haven't been with UPS nearly as long as Sober, but I have seen what disgusting tactics some in management are willing to employ just to get rid of 'the troublemaker'. If I hadn't witnessed it, I would be hard pressed to believe it myself. Luckily, there was a building full of witnesses who know exactly what Ransom Road means.

I wish I didn't have those memories, as I much prefer to see to good in everyone. Unfortunately, I will never forget. I will never be able trust this disctict's tactics. And, having been on Brown Cafe long enough, it's scary how many others have similar management teams. I am not inferring all in management are as bad as what I have seen, I just know what I have seen.

danlin

I haven't been with UPS nearly as long as Sober, but I have seen what disgusting tactics some in management are willing to employ just to get rid of 'the troublemaker'. If I hadn't witnessed it, I would be hard pressed to believe it myself. Luckily, there was a building full of witnesses who know exactly what Ransom Road means.

I wish I didn't have those memories, as I much prefer to see to good in everyone. Unfortunately, I will never forget. I will never be able trust this disctict's tactics. And, having been on Brown Cafe long enough, it's scary how many others have similar management teams. I am not inferring all in management are as bad as what I have seen, I just know what I have seen.
Extremely well said...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Your style of posts are very recognizable and style is based on limitations. :hangin:
It's time to refresh your shtick.

I don't think the level of management you or any driver are exposed to have these things in mind ... maybe the 2 weeks vacation instead of 6. They have too many other things to think about than these fantasy conspiracies. Hopefully, you spend your time off the clock thinking these things up.

I want to reply to these posts on this issue but first I need to go back and reread all my 2000+ previous posts to make sure I haven't inadvertantly developed some inadvertant patterns in my stylings.
It may be that we all need to dismiss our own personal experiences and post to the hypothetical.
This might take some time for me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

He sits on the fence in search of a counterpoint, whether he believes in the counterpoint is irrevevent to him.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Im not trying to be funny.

"Same thing over and over again"? Try being hounded to regurgitate the same acronyms and safety drivel every day for 2 decades, and then get back to me about "over and over again."