Death of Fidel Castro

rickyb

Democracy At Work ‏@democracyatwrk Nov 27

CyT7eW5VQAAc5RS.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Actually Cuba over the last 50 years has produced some very clever people , just look at all the different types of homemade boats that have washed ashore around FL.

wayfair

swollen member
Interesting that you bring this up. Had these people managed to escape and reach our shores, what would have happened to them under a Trump presidency?

I guess we'll have to see..

but under the current "wet feet, dry feet" policy, they probably would have been allowed to stay

rickyb

ive listened to the democracy now interview about castro a few times now.

so he was close to nelson mandela and cuba helped with ending apartheid. in the interview they mention something about 500,000 cubans showing up at midnight to save the day.

the cuban economy is pretty bad, but of course you have to factor in US responsibility with that. i saw a graph the other day and it was pretty good relative to other latin american countries.

he was an authoritarian. he had a surviellance state set up initially to protect against the US, but it turned on its own citizens.

your not allowed to dissent under castro.

he did some really great things with healthcare including healthcare as a right, and also education as a right. i think cuba exported alot of doctors.

i think the biggest thing is he stood up to US empire and set an example for other latin american countries.

wayfair

swollen member
ive listened to the democracy now interview about castro a few times now.

so he was close to nelson mandela and cuba helped with ending apartheid. in the interview they mention something about 500,000 cubans showing up at midnight to save the day.

the cuban economy is pretty bad, but of course you have to factor in US responsibility with that. i saw a graph the other day and it was pretty good relative to other latin american countries.

he was an authoritarian. he had a surviellance state set up initially to protect against the US, but it turned on its own citizens.

your not allowed to dissent under castro.

he did some really great things with healthcare including healthcare as a right, and also education as a right. i think cuba exported alot of doctors.

i think the biggest thing is he stood up to US empire and set an example for other latin american countries.

interesting....

how much were doctors getting paid?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So rickyb when you go to Cuba you'll need a $85 visa in advance and you'll be required to purchase Cuban Healthcare, too.
Going right now , because most flights are empty , is not advised . Wait until after the mourning period so that most places to visit will be allowed to open .