December 26,2015

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Johney

I will be working. Easy $$$. Work 5-6 hours and be home in plenty of time for evening plans.
I will not have that option as it's considered extra work for us and the top guys will want it. I have Thurs-Mon off this week(Thurs is a lay-off no pay) and the same next week except I get paid for next Thurs that works for me.

opie

No ground drivers will be needed for the Saturday after Christmas. Peak would be over, and it would be little solace to deliver someone's Christmas gift after Christmas. It will be a very light Saturday operation. I think it's more likely they have drivers on Christmas day.

Foamer Pyle

I will be working. Easy $$$. Work 5-6 hours and be home in plenty of time for evening plans.
New Year's Eve is always a disaster, because ups never uses enough driver to allow anyone to finish in 5 or 6 hours. A four day weekend is worth more to me than ruining a perfect day off for time and a half pay. I get enough overtime all year long.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

New Year's Eve is always a disaster, because ups never uses enough driver to allow anyone to finish in 5 or 6 hours. A four day weekend is worth more to me than ruining a perfect day off for time and a half pay. I get enough overtime all year long.

When I sign up I always let them know that I do not want to work all day and that I want to deliver on my and the adjacent areas. They are normally really good about complying with my requests.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What about double time? It's double time here.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'm taking the three day weekend. We are more than caught up and they aren't working us Xmas day. I won't come in if they did anyway.

I'm not working NYE either. Taking a 4 day weekend and we are going out of town.

35years

Gravy route
New years eve day is the easiest money all year.
It is the only overtime I ever volunteer for.
$69 an hour and no conflict with church or family obligations.
I take all the extra stops the drivers around me don't want, and clock out last with around 10 hours worked.
$69 x 10 =$690 + $277 holiday pay=
$967 running air:bigsmile2: