Decline work

Commercial Inside Release

I've declined work, to get even with management for jacking with my schedule. They threw a fit, but since I'm Heracles, they didn't do anything but get pissed.

Of course months later, they would still bring it up, whenever I opened my mouth... So, look forward to that.

Shorts365

One time as I was pulling into the parking lot, I got the call that I had to go to the satellite hub way across town. I said nope because A). it's too late to pull the ol' switcheroo and B). there's enough guys below me that I'm not gonna do it. Top manager says basically "do it or your fired" to which I Weingarten'd up. This interaction caught the ear of some fellow teamsters and manager changes his tune immediately and asks me "why don't you want to go to the center?" to which I reply "I don't wanna go out cold in some suburb I've never even been to and work 14hrs, duh." He then calls up the other center, asks if I do agree to go over, can they promise to give me an easy thing. They say "What are you talking about?? We don't even have truck for your guy!" In the end I got paid for an hour of arguing, and 7 hours of shuttling.

On a related note, although I would never do it as a 6th punch or whatever, going to a different center can be kind of alright because they pay you for the commute, and you can run the route however without any scrutiny. The rural routes also are a nice change of pace if your a city center person. Just tell your significant other you won't be home for dinner.

ManInBrown

Hate to say it but you’ve clearly shown a propensity to follow orders and not fight back. Of course when I say fight not physically. Guarantee there are drivers exactly like you as far as M-Friday, don’t know your local rules but same classification. And I bet they don’t even ask those drivers. UPS is the king of picking on people they know they can get away with. It’s just the way it is. You’ve clearly brought a jar of Vaseline to work with you on at least one occasion.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I thought 22.4s would would eliminate unwanted OT?
✊🧔
Yeah how's that plan working out

giphy.webp

ManInBrown

Hate to say it but you’ve clearly shown a propensity to follow orders and not fight back. Of course when I say fight not physically. Guarantee there are drivers exactly like you as far as M-Friday, don’t know your local rules but same classification. And I bet they don’t even ask those drivers. UPS is the king of picking on people they know they can get away with. It’s just the way it is. You’ve clearly brought a jar of Vaseline to work with you on at least one occasion.
Also by no means am I suggesting you don’t have to do it. Don’t know your situation or local. I had to do it one time a long time ago. If it turns out you don’t, they clearly thought you’d be a good candidate to follow orders and be a good soldier.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I've refused in the past multiple times to work at a different center. Then again, the closest center to me is an hour away. I'm not about a 2+ hour commute even if it is paid.
Go to the nearest gas station. Message in the diad that your lost without mapnav. Have them tow you