Delivered by 7pm?

laffter

I was comparing shipping prices between the "big three" for a package I needed to send. I noticed on UPS's website that this Ground delivery was guaranteed by 7pm? I'm pretty sure a good chunk of drivers around the country are out way past 7pm year-round. Why are they guaranteeing a delivery time for Ground, or am I misunderstanding something?

UPSGUY72

There are no commit times for residential ground package unless someone pays extra for a specific delivery time frame. There is a 5 pm commit for business if they are closed when you deliver after 5.

laffter

You know what- I just went back there again to take a screenshot of what I was looking at, and upon closer inspection, I'm just an idiot.

The information there is formatted in a way that made me misinterpret what it was referencing.

Silly me. Let's just pretend this never happened.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was comparing shipping prices between the "big three" for a package I needed to send. I noticed on UPS's website that this Ground delivery was guaranteed by 7pm? I'm pretty sure a good chunk of drivers around the country are out way past 7pm year-round. Why are they guaranteeing a delivery time for Ground, or am I misunderstanding something?
It's 7pm somewhere.

barnyard

KTM rider
A small shipper was talking about rates Friday. He said that if he fails to enter the dimensions, it is a $15 charge. He is also finding that for many of the things he ships, the rates have doubled compared to last year.

Dimensional shipping may cost us a lot of small shippers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You get what you pay for all I'm saying

My son relocated to Iowa to start his new career. He had left behind a few personal items which he asked me to send to him. I went to ups.com and was quoted $16 for the 2 lb box. I then went to usps.com and was quoted $8 for the same box. I chose the Post Office and somehow they were able to get it there on time and in the same condition that I sent it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
My son relocated to Iowa to start his new career. He had left behind a few personal items which he asked me to send to him. I went to ups.com and was quoted $16 for the 2 lb box. I then went to usps.com and was quoted $8 for the same box. I chose the Post Office and somehow they were able to get it there on time and in the same condition that I sent it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
A small shipper was talking about rates Friday. He said that if he fails to enter the dimensions, it is a $15 charge. He is also finding that for many of the things he ships, the rates have doubled compared to last year.

Dimensional shipping may cost us a lot of small shippers.

That's probably what UPS wants.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of the major carriers other than the Post Office have begun charging based on dimensional costs and, yes, we will lose a lot of mom and pop shippers as a result.

upschuck

If you went through UPSers, and got the shipping discount, and it only cost $10, would that have changed who you shipped with.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My last 10 or so deliveries have said out for delivery by 8pm. Fedex and ups. It's something to make the customer feel better.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If you went through UPSers, and got the shipping discount, and it only cost $10, would that have changed who you shipped with.
I wish you didn't have to make an account to use the discount. Would rather just give it to the clerk at work and send it out.