"Delivered"

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Quick question.

I know what's up on the brown side but not sure what's up on the blue and purple side.

Ordered an exercise bike to replace the one wife broke. Scheduled to be delivered today. Made sure the boy (19 years old) would be home and ready to open garage door and help (shipping weight 141 pounds.)

Wife an kid was home when FedEx pulled up infront. They both said driver got out and walked to back of truck. Walked to front then back again. driver then left.

On Brown side when I do this it means package is in my manifest but "not found" on my truck as in wasn't loaded....."I can't deliver what I don't have!" It happens, loaders are human and mistakes happen.

I tracked the package when I got home and was told the story by kid and wife. The tracking number shows as delivered on both FedEx and the company I bought it from websites.

Do I need to be concerned about a scam?

MAKAVELI

Quick question.

I know what's up on the brown side but not sure what's up on the blue and purple side.

Ordered an exercise bike to replace the one wife broke. Scheduled to be delivered today. Made sure the boy (19 years old) would be home and ready to open garage door and help (shipping weight 141 pounds.)

Wife an kid was home when FedEx pulled up infront. They both said driver got out and walked to back of truck. Walked to front then back again. driver then left.

On Brown side when I do this it means package is in my manifest but "not found" on my truck as in wasn't loaded....."I can't deliver what I don't have!" It happens, loaders are human and mistakes happen.

I tracked the package when I got home and was told the story by kid and wife. The tracking number shows as delivered on both FedEx and the company I bought it from websites.

Express or Ground?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
12 digit tracking number starting with 1540_______. I called FedEx twice and was on hold for......awhile. Never got to speak with a person to get an answer. Company I bought from was already closed for the week.

Is there a chance it'll arrive tomorrow after already being listed as "delivered."

MAKAVELI

12 digit tracking number starting with 1540_______. I called FedEx twice and was on hold for......awhile. Never got to speak with a person to get an answer. Company I bought from was already closed for the week.

Is there a chance it'll arrive tomorrow after already being listed as "delivered."
Possible, but in order for a delivery to be completed, the driver would have to scan or input the tracking number. They were either too lazy to make the delivery or simply drove by to see if they thought anyone was home, or likely both.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Quick question.

It wouldn't fit into his truck and/or didn't want to work around it and/or is broke open and needs reboxed/tape... SOS/808. So the boss was going to shuttle it to him once he gets to your address. When he pulled up and called on where is the shuttle. He goes back to straighten up. Boss tells him in a murmured voice from a mouthful of KFC that he can't get out of the office and will catch up to him later.

So the guy drives off and it's still at the building and you'll get it much earlier on Saturday than what time he was there Friday. Most likely looking like an abortion.

Good Luck!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Possible, but in order for a delivery to be completed, the driver would have to scan or input the tracking number. They were either too lazy to make the delivery or simply drove by to see if they thought anyone was home, or likely both.
It's also possible that the driver misdelivered it, in which case I'd put in a claim anyway.

Did you miss the part where he said "the driver stopped in front of the house, got out of the truck, walked around to the back of the truck then around to the front before getting back in to the truck and driving away"?

I had a similar negative experience with Ground. I had a Walmart.com order that was clearly addressed to me that the driver misdelivered to a neighbor 10 houses away. I guess he thought the "50" was supposed to be "18". I went to the FedEx website and submitted a concern for the misdelivery. This was on a Saturday and a supervisor called me on Monday.

If I were the OP I would have gotten in to my car, tracked down the driver and politely "asked" him what the deal was.