Delivering on Christmas Day?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I worked most Christmas days in feeder when my seniority was low. start time was usually 8-9-10 pm Christmas eve and got off Christmas morning. no big deal. was usually a very easy night bringing back empties and very mellow night.

clean hairy

I never worked a Saturday in 30+ years. Neither did anyone else at my old center. I don't know about lately though. You would have to ask @UpstateNYUPSer -- he knows everything about every UPS center.
Correction!
Only in his own mind does he think he knows it all!
In reality, he might be Sgt Schultz? "I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing", (emphasis on know nothing?)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yes, of course I do, but their limited contractors are no match for the scale of UPS. Let's see the fledgling Amazon force turn out Christmas presents from Christmas Eve orders.
Are you in a center north of Casper or south of Casper? I could tell you a story I heard that might affect you.

ManInBrown

Are package drivers aware that most feeder drivers don’t even work on Christmas Eve? Could not believe my ears the first year in feeders and they told me that. Here if you have a job and you start before 14:00 you work. Anyone after 14:00 you don’t. Day off. They post a sign up sheet for volunteers.

Yet another reason to get the heck out of package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are package drivers aware that most feeder drivers don’t even work on Christmas Eve? Could not believe my ears the first year in feeders and they told me that. Here if you have a job and you start before 14:00 you work. Anyone after 14:00 you don’t. Day off. They post a sign up sheet for volunteers.

Could that be because there are no pickups on the 24th?

What'dyabringmetoday???

I worked most Christmas days in feeder when my seniority was low. start time was usually 8-9-10 pm Christmas eve and got off Christmas morning. no big deal. was usually a very easy night bringing back empties and very mellow night.
So there are no pickups on Christmas Eve and they had you come in to move empties around all night? Cool.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
D4fdu2R_d.jpg

Xmas work

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

I worked the 24th in feeders. there are a lot of commercial accounts that have empty trailers that need to go to the rail yard. easy money.
plus it was the ONE day out of the year that almost everyone is in a good mood. managers too. they would bring in pizza and soda. it was actually a fun night.

fuh

MattM

So if no one signs up, they won’t ‘force’ work from bottom up? I wonder if everyone can come together and not sign it.