Delivery process

flonkas1

A few questions from the new guy

Hello all, I'm a 20 year old in Northern California and I am to start the driver helper position tomorrow. This is my first real job (worked on my uncles ranch until he passed away) and I am excited. I have always thought it would be awesome to be a driver. I plan on getting a part time job working as a package handler and build my seniority from there until I can be a driver, even if it takes 10 years. Anyway, I have some questions for you fine people.

Will I have to use the diad? They completely skipped over this in orientation and it looks like something you should be taught to operate.

Do I have to ask for there last name before I hand over the package? (This is something I should of asked about at orientation.)

Can you describe the general delivery process and what I should expect? Also If you have any tips for me I would appreciate it.

How do I tell if the packages require a signature or if I can just leave them at the door?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I just want to be fully prepared so I can work hard and impress my driver so hopefully I can help him regularly.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

old levi's

blank space
Re: A few questions from the new guy

Hello all, I'm a 20 year old in Northern California and I am to start the driver helper position tomorrow. This is my first real job (worked on my uncles ranch until he passed away) and I am excited. I have always thought it would be awesome to be a driver. I plan on getting a part time job working as a package handler and build my seniority from there until I can be a driver, even if it takes 10 years. Anyway, I have some questions for you fine people.

Will I have to use the diad? They completely skipped over this in orientation and it looks like something you should be taught to operate.

Do I have to ask for there last name before I hand over the package? (This is something I should of asked about at orientation.)

Can you describe the general delivery process and what I should expect? Also If you have any tips for me I would appreciate it.

How do I tell if the packages require a signature or if I can just leave them at the door?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I just want to be fully prepared so I can work hard and impress my driver so hopefully I can help him regularly.

Thanks all.

Your assigned driver will answer all your questions. Anything we tell you could possibly conflict with how he operates.
Sounds like you have the right attitude. Be very aware of traffic around the parked pkg. car while making your deliveries. Best of luck to you. In a few days come back and let us know how you like the job.

satellitedriver

Re: A few questions from the new guy

Your assigned driver will answer all your questions. Anything we tell you could possibly conflict with how he operates.
Sounds like you have the right attitude. Be very aware of traffic around the parked pkg. car while making your deliveries. Best of luck to you. In a few days come back and let us know how you like the job.
Sound advice.
Listen and learn from your driver.
Always watch your footing.
Never let your zeal to do your job get in the way of your safety, and the safety of others.

The secret is to steal with your eyes.

Do not focus on only being a driver for UPS.

This job/career gives you an insight on how others live their lives and the opportunities that are "out there."

If at all possible, attain a college degree.

Best of Luck,
Steve