Demands of Driver on Driver's Helper

Hesse2020

Hello;
Is there a minimum amount of hours a helper can ask to work, or can a driver demand and expect the helper to work whatever hours the driver wants; a driver today said he needed someone to go out until 9:30 pm and I couldn't do it, but this refusal also foreclosed on my chances of getting a "second" driver that might have had less hours needed. Seems a little harsh. Any help would be appreciated...

542thruNthru

Hello;
Is there a minimum amount of hours a helper can ask to work, or can a driver demand and expect the helper to work whatever hours the driver wants; a driver today said he needed someone to go out until 9:30 pm and I couldn't do it, but this refusal also foreclosed on my chances of getting a "second" driver that might have had less hours needed. Seems a little harsh. Any help would be appreciated...

1. NO
2. YES

The driver needs you and the company allows it. You work. If you can't they will find someone else.

But... where are you that they are using helpers already?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello;

Why bother

You can make more slingin weed in the parking lot

Jstpeachy

I wondered about this too, folks on preload are talking about jumping during peak but idk about signing up to being on road til god knows when after working 10 hour preload shifts like they are talking about we will have at PCM...

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hello;

Lol. What a problem.
You know we're hourly, right?

I make just about as much during peak as I do the whole rest of the year.
Pack a sandwich, and grow a work ethic.

542thruNthru

I wondered about this too, folks on preload are talking about jumping during peak but idk about signing up to being on road til god knows when after working 10 hour preload shifts like they are talking about we will have at PCM...

It's all about the OT. It's not easy. I had a guy who looked like a zombie one year but he showed up every day. I greeted him with a large coffee and a power bar every morning.

Jstpeachy

It's all about the OT. It's not easy. I had a guy who looked like a zombie one year but he showed up every day. I greeted him with a large coffee and a power bar every morning.

That’s true. I’ve heard about drivers being on road still at 10pm in peak lol I’m just not sure a 2 hr nap in the parking lot before the next 20 hr day is gonna cut it for me. We’ll see. If preload is legitimately going to be 50 hours a week that’s already gonna be a sweet check plus our center begs us to work 6th punch. I’ll probably just do that lol

542thruNthru

That’s true. I’ve heard about drivers being on road still at 10pm in peak lol I’m just not sure a 2 hr nap in the parking lot before the next 20 hr day is gonna cut it for me. We’ll see. If preload is legitimately going to be 50 hours a week that’s already gonna be a sweet check plus our center begs us to work 6th punch. I’ll probably just do that lol

Oh... I know I couldn't do it unless I really really needed the money. I don't blame someone for not doing it. Talk to the center and see if you can jump for someone that doesn't need a helper for that many hours. They will usually work with someone that's reliable l. But if you don't show up they will cut your ass loose.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Oh... I know I couldn't do it unless I really really needed the money. I don't blame someone for not doing it. Talk to the center and see if you can jump for someone that doesn't need a helper for that many hours. They will usually work with someone that's reliable l. But if you don't show up they will cut your ass loose.
I stoppex doing it when they kept messing my check up

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They so not care and you will be tired AF on your next shift but it's still worth it if you sleep in your car overnight.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'm wondering the same thing right now! ;)
Most people ignore this and cut their helpers loose at the end. You would be lucky if the driver allowed you off prior to the last handful of split resis and misloads.
If you are a bad helper. You'll get tossed out around pick-ups.

Mgmt does not seem to care around here.