Democracy is for people amendment

rickyb

our system of corporate totalitarianism lets us vote on the voice, vote for presidents who are not white or men, and choose which toothpaste we want.

but we dont have democracy, we have rule of money.

Dr. Jill Stein‏Verified account @DrJillStein 7h7 hours ago

Dr. Jill Stein

Retweeted Green Uprising

Americans love choice - we have over 100 kinds of Oreo cookies alone. So why pretend that just 2 parties could ever represent over 300 million of us? Ranked Choice Voting would upgrade our voting system to allow more voices & more choices - which is what most Americans want!

Dr. Jill Stein

added,

Green Uprising
@Green_Uprising
"Americans celebrate choice 364 days a year. Then on Election Day, anyone unsatisfied by the traditional Democratic or Republican offerings is deemed a spoiler." Maine shows a better way to do elections: #RankedChoiceVoting. Maine’s 2nd District outcome proves value of ranked choice voting
20 replies 211 retweets 559 likes

rickyb

im rewatching videos by sheldon wolin. theres not too many, but thank god chris hedges did a 3 hour interview with him before he died. he used to be one of americas greatest living political philosophers.

this one is 15 years old right when the iraq invasion started. he defines whats totalitarianism and how america is totalitarian but he calls it inverted totalitarianism. he says america is essentially a one party system because theres so little difference between dems and republicans. he says dems are not an opposition force. says in this system of totalitarianism, voters are demobilized whereas in the nazis they were mobilized which turned into war (although trump still does rallies which is i think is a new development). he says with the nazis the state had power over the capitalists, but with this system its the other way around.

he defines democracy and what it is not. defines government and bureaucracy.

i saw an interview he did with bill moyers looks like it was in the 1990s, and said america was totalitarian back then. he said basically all the institutions are undemocratic.

i guess thats the deal with our system is they use rhetoric to make things appear a certain way but upon deeper inspection its not true.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
im rewatching videos by sheldon wolin. theres not too many, but thank god chris hedges did a 3 hour interview with him before he died. he used to be one of americas greatest living political philosophers.

this one is 15 years old right when the iraq invasion started. he defines whats totalitarianism and how america is totalitarian but he calls it inverted totalitarianism. he says america is essentially a one party system because theres so little difference between dems and republicans. he says dems are not an opposition force. says in this system of totalitarianism, voters are demobilized whereas in the nazis they were mobilized which turned into war (although trump still does rallies which is i think is a new development). he says with the nazis the state had power over the capitalists, but with this system its the other way around.

he defines democracy and what it is not. defines government and bureaucracy.

i saw an interview he did with bill moyers looks like it was in the 1990s, and said america was totalitarian back then. he said basically all the institutions are undemocratic.

i guess thats the deal with our system is they use rhetoric to make things appear a certain way but upon deeper inspection its not true.

While I agree with all that, it is just an intellectual exercise.
It has and almost assuredly will not effect the reality of American politics.

rickyb

Good Gawd ... you must have been a friend*ing wreck!!!
haha no actually i was an :censored2: and bully in elementary, and just an :censored2: in high school. after high school i was just like everyone else for a little while which is to say a consumer and narcissist.

after i had a political awakening, i fixated on it too much and got depressed for a while, but ive since learned to not go overboard with it, only on BC

rickyb

Fair Vote Canada‏ @FairVoteCanada 23h23 hours ago

Fair Vote Canada Retweeted Make Votes Matter #MVM

That’s how it goes alright. If @JustinTrudeau had kept his promise to make every vote matter we wouldn’t be caught in this bind again for 2019. #cdnpoli #ElectoralReform

Fair Vote Canada added,

Make Votes Matter #MVM @MakeVotesMatter
A First Past the Post general election doesn't solve much because:
- millions will be forced to vote tactically for something they don't believe in
- the results won't reflect the way we vote anyway
- power will (very likely) be handed to a party (or parties) most of us rejected
4 replies 38 retweets 66 likes