Democrats Rewriting History in Locations Where They Take Over

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Blacks tend to rewrite history so it eliminates anything they find offensive. TTKU
I don't care to be characterized a certain way because I happened to be born white. I also don't care to characterize another race as this or that. There are opportunists and A**holes in every race.
In the county where I live, which was named after Stephen A. Douglas, Demwits have taken over and now they are trying to rewrite history by saying Douglas county was actually named after Frederick Douglass.

Stephen A. Douglas (Democrat) was a well respected Senator from Illinois that fought to keep the Union together when Abraham Lincoln was elected President.
Douglas' birthplace in Brandon, Vermont has been memorialized as a museum and visitor center.
Numerous places have been named after him:
counties in Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington and Wisconsin.
Fort Douglas in Salt Lake City, the cities of Douglas in Wyoming and Douglas and Douglasville in Georgia were also named for him.

El Correcto

god is dead
In the county where I live, which was named after Stephen A. Douglas, Demwits have taken over and now they are trying to rewrite history by saying Douglas county was actually named after Frederick Douglass.

Stephen A. Douglas (Democrat) was a well respected Senator from Illinois that fought to keep the Union together when Abraham Lincoln was elected President.
Douglas' birthplace in Brandon, Vermont has been memorialized as a museum and visitor center.
Numerous places have been named after him:
counties in Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington and Wisconsin.
Fort Douglas in Salt Lake City, the cities of Douglas in Wyoming and Douglas and Douglasville in Georgia were also named for him.
I dunno about this.
We must consult the great Howard Zinn.

Box Ox

Oh God, they must be stopped before they reach Douglas County's Wikipedia page and re-write that too!

"In presidential elections, Douglas County had been a reliably Republican county between 1980 and 2004, voting Republican by a double-digit margin even in 1992, when Democrat Bill Clinton carried the state of Georgia. The county gave over 60% of the vote to Republican George W. Bush in both of his elections. However a surge in the black population and turnout flipped the county to Democrat Barack Obama in both 2008 and 2012 and Hillary Clinton in 2016."

LOL. Womp wommmmmmp for OMJ.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh no, the board of education in Texas doesn't hate America and capitalism like the Democrats do, they must be stopped!
What are you all irate about? It’s just what happens. It’s not evil or hating America, grandma and apple pie. It’s just what happens.

Get over it snowflake.

bbsam

Staff member
How dare Texas..
I will called Greg Abbott today and let him know I want A People’s History of the United States to be in our classrooms starting tomorrow.
Can you read? I’m not making any judgement on it. People in charge tell the story the way they want it told. Does that surprise you?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What are you all irate about? It’s just what happens. It’s not evil or hating America, grandma and apple pie. It’s just what happens.

Get over it snowflake.
How are you suggesting the Texas board of education is rewriting history? By including Milton Friedman in economics books? Are you high?

bbsam

Staff member
You’re projecting friend.
The funny part of you’re statement is that it’s patently transparent. You need for what I say to be “projecting” because you need to reinforce your own political bias. You simply can’t accept that both sides do it to a ridiculous extent.

Freedom fries anyone?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The story is indicative of historical trends.
Look I get it, you desperately googled to try and confirm your bias against conservatives.

All you could come up with is a garbage non-story from a leftist British rag complaining that Texas doesn't hate capitalism.

How bout I give you a mulligan, you want to try again snowflake?

vantexan

Is that all you got from the story?

Have you been paying attention to history?

Are you high?
Looks like from that article conservatives aren't rewriting history, just including conservative figures and ideas. Of course to liberals, who want a certain narrative taught so that kids grow up to be liberal voters, this is unacceptable.

bbsam

Staff member
Looks like from that article conservatives aren't rewriting history, just including conservative figures and ideas. Of course to liberals, who want a certain narrative taught so that kids grow up to be liberal voters, this is unacceptable.
Creationism.