Democrats

Babagounj

Strength through joy
60339200_2504456006507475_1119108438266216448_n.jpg
I got to know , how much were you paid to wear that suit ?

LarryBird

Omar Has Agreed to Repay Thousands After Investigation Into Marriages

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) will repay thousands after the Minnesota Campaign Finance Board found she filed tax returns claiming she was married to one man when she was married to another.

Omar has agreed to repay $3,500 and a $500 fine amid the investigation into allegations she misused campaign funds, CBS Minnesota reports.

CBS Minnesota summarized the history of Omar's personal relationships and Campaign Finance Board Documents.

Omar had two children with Ahmed Hirsi in the early 2000s, but did not marry him. In 2009, she legally married Ahmed Elmi, but received a faith-based divorce — not a legal one — in 2011. In 2012, Omar reconciled with Hirsi and they had another child. She and Hirsi filed joint married tax returns in 2014 and 2015. In 2016, Omar's lawyer and accountants found her filings needed to be corrected. A year later, Omar filed for divorce from Elmi, and in 2018 she legally married Hirsi.

Omar's staff did not clarify whether the 2016 correction was her marital status.

Last week, the Campaign Finance Board voted to cite Omar for campaign finance violations, finding she had accepted speaking fees and had erroneously used campaign funds to speak at a political rally in Boston among other transgressions.
Do you really think this is news? I mean, like actual important news?

Are you seriously making a big deal over $3500 worth of campaign finance transgressions?

I'd be very surprised if the vast majority of politicians, on both sides, didn't have at least $5000 worth of iffy financial "mistakes", or unaccounted spending, or whatever. That's like petty cash for a large campaign. It's the large and potentially nefarious campaign finance transactions we need to worry about.

If we're gonna start doing forensic auditing on these people for laughs, and trying to hold them to that standard, we're gonna find out pretty quickly it isn't very funny. Because it's everywhere and every one of them. They've got to be given a little leeway for honest mistakes or oversights, and just plain ignorance of the campaign finance standards. I would say the same if this was a republican, so this has nothing to do with party favoritism.

newfie

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) will repay thousands after the Minnesota Campaign Finance Board found she filed tax returns claiming she was married to one man when she was married to another.

Omar has agreed to repay $3,500 and a $500 fine amid the investigation into allegations she misused campaign funds, CBS Minnesota reports.

CBS Minnesota summarized the history of Omar's personal relationships and Campaign Finance Board Documents.

Omar had two children with Ahmed Hirsi in the early 2000s, but did not marry him. In 2009, she legally married Ahmed Elmi, but received a faith-based divorce — not a legal one — in 2011. In 2012, Omar reconciled with Hirsi and they had another child. She and Hirsi filed joint married tax returns in 2014 and 2015. In 2016, Omar's lawyer and accountants found her filings needed to be corrected. A year later, Omar filed for divorce from Elmi, and in 2018 she legally married Hirsi.

Omar's staff did not clarify whether the 2016 correction was her marital status.

Last week, the Campaign Finance Board voted to cite Omar for campaign finance violations, finding she had accepted speaking fees and had erroneously used campaign funds to speak at a political rally in Boston among other transgressions.

must have been when she was married to her brother

newfie

Do you really think this is news? I mean, like actual important news?

Are you seriously making a big deal over $3500 worth of campaign finance transgressions?

I'd be very surprised if the vast majority of politicians, on both sides, didn't have at least $5000 worth of iffy financial "mistakes", or unaccounted spending, or whatever. That's like petty cash for a large campaign. It's the large and potentially nefarious campaign finance transactions we need to worry about.

If we're gonna start doing forensic auditing on these people for laughs, and trying to hold them to that standard, we're gonna find out pretty quickly it isn't very funny. Because it's everywhere and every one of them. They've got to be given a little leeway for honest mistakes or oversights, and just plain ignorance of the campaign finance standards. I would say the same if this was a republican, so this has nothing to do with party favoritism.

hypocrisy

LarryBird

hypocrisy
I would call that a joke if it was a republican too.

You can not believe me, if you'd like. That's your prerogative.

I'm many things, but hypocrite is not usually one of them. Sure, we all have our moments, but I'm pretty consistent in how I look at stuff.

That article is ticky-tack, rinky-dink bull:censored2:, and you know it. If you wanna laugh and joke and call her a cousin :censored2:er or a polygamous whore, though neither would be true, that's fine. Just don't turn $3500 worth of finance mixups, which by the way, they haven't even itemized, into a big issue and blow it way out of proportion.

That's reaching for straws, and it pretends to hold politicians to a ridiculous standard they know is unattainable - mistakes and unaccounted funds will always happen and $3500 is like nothing in the scheme of it.

El Correcto

god is dead

Which marriage was this? The brother or what?

LarryBird

Yeah, you’re totally full of :censored2:. Spare us the bull:censored2: for now and wait till AOC also gets smacked up with some fines.
Whatever you say, bub.

I would call it a joke if I got a $500 fine.

These are large enterprises, mistakes happen. Republicans or democrats.

newfie

I would call that a joke if it was a republican too.

You can not believe me, if you'd like. That's your prerogative.

I'm many things, but hypocrite is not usually one of them. Sure, we all have our moments, but I'm pretty consistent in how I look at stuff.

That article is ticky-tack, rinky-dink bull:censored2:, and you know it. If you wanna laugh and joke and call her a cousin :censored2:er or a polygamous whore, though neither would be true, that's fine. Just don't turn $3500 worth of finance mixups, which by the way, they haven't even itemized, into a big issue and blow it way out of proportion.

That's reaching for straws, and it pretends to hold politicians to a ridiculous standard they know is unattainable - mistakes and unaccounted funds will always happen and $3500 is like nothing in the scheme of it.

umm She committed campaign finance violations. you guys tried to pin one of those on Trump for paying off a bimbo

She violated tax law by claiming a married exemption on her taxes for a guy she was not married to. tax law violations are something your democrats are desperately trying to find and pin on Trump in their fishing expedition.

when she claimed the marriage exemption she was married to another man who she was helping atain immigration status here through the marriage. that man her brother.

that is fraudulent on many levels.

So for you to try to sell all these fishing expeditions against trump while trying to dismiss these serious charges against the congresswoman is hypocrisy.

newfie

Whatever you say, bub.

I would call it a joke if I got a $500 fine.

These are large enterprises, mistakes happen. Republicans or democrats.

it appears that you have not done your due diligence on this issue and really studied it . Something you tried to beat Van up over on the Mueller report.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So for you to try to sell all these fishing expeditions against trump while trying to dismiss these serious charges against the congresswoman is hypocrisy.
For you to try to sell all these fishing expeditions against her while trying to dismiss these serious charges against trump is hypocrisy.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Fat Jerry is holding a 70's show with crooked John Dean meanwhile nobody in the Democrat majority congress shows up for something really important