Democrats

It will be fine

Give it a whirl, then get back to me how it’s incorrect.

You do realize that not everyone follows your book, but somehow lead moral lives?

HOW COULD THIS BE?
6C6CF9BD-B261-4AD5-9241-598C20854CED.jpeg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He’s quoting me, I was trying to explain to him that morals don’t come from his book alone.
Not a great word choice.

History seems to prove morals aren't inherent. He thinks they come from god. I actually agree, caveat being that man invented god, lots of them, with varying moral codes. Therefore man invents his own morals.

Morals change with society, culture, and religions of the time. He thinks his are the one true set of correct morals for all times. It's a very small minded viewpoint.

BrownArmy

Not a great word choice.

History seems to prove morals aren't inherent. He thinks they come from god. I actually agree, caveat being that man invented god, lots of them, with varying moral codes. Therefore man invents his own morals.

Morals change with society, culture, and religions of the time. He thinks his are the one true set of correct morals for all times. It's a very small minded viewpoint.

I could have chosen a different word, I agree.

My point stands: morality can exist outside of his book.

I sent him to Secular morality - Wikipedia...

Can’t wait to see the noise he brings...

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
My small mind. Your small penis.
So, morals change with society, culture and religion ? That means that all morals are subjective and relative. What a wonderful world we live in!
If I live long enough, maybe stealing will be smiled upon by my neighbor. Good deal.

BrownFlush

My morals come from what is inherently right vs. wrong.
Please explain.
The difference between you and I is I’m not pretending I can’t possibly have morals if they don’t come your book.
Wrong.
You can and have morals without any book whatsoever. Anybody can.
The difference between you and I is you will not condemn an absolute wrong with another culture, society or religion . Why not?
Says the guy who can’t just disappear.

I mean, disagree and let it go.
You know what I mean.
Do I need to quote the number ? After our "agreement" ..You slam..Get Real.

BrownArmy

My small mind. Your small penis.
So, morals change with society, culture and religion ? That means that all morals are subjective and relative. What a wonderful world we live in!
If I live long enough, maybe stealing will be smiled upon by my neighbor. Good deal.

He has a point.

If you tag morals to Religion, well then, there’s lots of Religions/morals to discuss.

Shall we talk about the multi-god Viking religions?

Or the various religions of the ‘Native Americans’?

Or, or, or.

Or, how about morals divorced from Religion?

Are you ready to talk about those Morals?

BrownFlush

Give it a whirl, then get back to me how it’s incorrect.

You do realize that not everyone follows your book, but somehow lead moral lives?

HOW COULD THIS BE?
Good question.
How do you know it's a moral life you are living?
Oh..thats right..if the culture and society and place where you live in the world tells you that you are...you are!