Denial of Signature: Better luck next time dummy.

Ouch

[quot="Dr.Brown, post: 1261182, member: 44531"]no sheet.... I never step inside someones residence either[/quote]
What if your pic invited you in? I'd go in for that.

browntroll

i had to help a driver with this in my building. my mother would sign for another tenants stuff and that tenant would always claim he never got anything, including
fedex and usps packages(which leave them outside his door). driver came up to me doing a follow up and i saw it had my mothers signature and i asked the neighbors girlfriend
which claims she received everything we ever signed for them but her boyfriend worked at a cellphone company and likes reporting his cellphones lost gets a replacement sent and claims he never got that one either. at the end i told him if he ever claims anything lost that my mother signs that i would tell lost prevention at my hub and his job about what hes doing. the mailman also told me he has had several packages reported "missing" but now he just leaves the guy a notice.

Future

Victory Ride
Some of our Venders are retired cops. We had one in particular pull out his badge a few Peaks ago when a lady was trying to pull a denial of signature. She suddenly remembered signing for all 4 packages as soon as she saw his badge. Miracle? lol
When doing a followup, i will ask what hours they will be home if they deny receiving the pkg.Then i inform them the police will be visiting to investigate a theft. This has worked a few times on people to find there missing pkg!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's a signature only stop, but it didn't stop her (the daughter) from trying to deny signing and getting her package. I always get an ID and write their license number in the remarks box. No way they can deny it's them.

Again, this story is not one of your better efforts.

You have no right to ask for their ID or write their license number in the remarks. The only time I can remember being directed to ask for photo ID is when we delivered tickets to the Woodstock concert.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry, but I actually do care whether or not they come back Positive or Negative. I don't like seeing people blatantly rip our company off.

If it is obvious that the consignee is lying and the proof is out in plain sight you should let your mgt team take it from there. They will normally get the local police involved---it's amazing how "I ain't got my package yet" becomes "oh, yeah, we did get that package".

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

You have no right to ask for their ID or write their license number in the remarks. The only time I can remember being directed to ask for photo ID is when we delivered tickets to the Woodstock concert.
We are supposed to ask for photo ID when delivering A8's.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We are only supposed to ask for ID if the consignee does not appear to be of legal age.

That's not the note that pops up in the diad, it says Check ID. I don't recall there being an asterisk saying only if they look young.

One of the routes I run, a note on several of the houses says to check ID. This may not be something that he's directed to do, but it might be a CYA type of thing, nothing wrong with that

oldngray

nowhere special
My center had a couple of customers who kept denying they signed for packages. Their packages were always held at customer counter for them to come and pick up. They never got packages sent out for delivery.

bumped

I have stops that in my DIAD indicate that I must check the ID before delivering.

I even have a house on my route that I'm not allowed to deliver to. Everything gets refused per security. The consignee even come to the customer counter to get their packages. Now, they only get a couple per year, but it doesn't matter even if it was a shipper release. RTS everything.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Since getting back on my trip I've been getting a lot of DFU's from the guy that covered for me during Peak. No biggie. I expected as much. It would've happened if I was on it as well, so it's not his fault. The people in the area are just scumbags.

Today I had a Denial of Signature DFU. I noticed the address and knew right away that the people that live there are dirtbags. They use bed sheets as curtains, leave trash all over their steps, and they're always arguing whenever I go there. Was not surprised that they were denying a signature. Probably thought they could get over on our "new guy".

I saved the stop for almost dead last. I had an Over 70 Call tag to hit after the tracer, and then I was finished. I parked on the corner, and walked around to the house. When I knocked a kid answered the door. I told him I needed to speak with Mrs. Brown. (Oh the irony. What can this Brown do for me?) He turned around and yelled "GRANDMA!" Now a few other kids came to the door to see who was there, and then their Grandma finally approached. She seemed pretty nice, and actually invited me in and out of the cold. I explained that I was there doing a follow-up on a package that was delivered in December, and that we obtained a signature when we delivered it. I showed her the signature, and she said "That's my daughter." I asked her "Are you [Name on DFU]?" and she said "yes". She tells me that she got the package, the items (points to them on the table), and that her daughter had signed for the package. I showed her where to sign off on the DFU, and just as I'm leaving her daughter walks up the steps and sees me. First thing out of her mouth is "I aint got my package yet! You owes me my money back!". I didn't even have to say a word. Grandma took over and said "What? We got the package. It's right there!" (points to it), and then says "Stop wasting this guys time. You're not getting your money back". Haha! Grandma saved the day. She busted her own daughter on trying to scam us. Some days I love seeing people stand-up for what's right. Tonight she made my day.

I have an identical story from years ago only it was the young child that ratted out his welfare-scamming mother. Kid answers the door (in the middle of the ghetto no less - I've threatened to break my daughters hands if they ever answer the door and I live in a nice neighborhood), and down the stairs comes mom about 45 seconds later. I present her with the follow-up, explain to her what the items in question are. Before she can even think of a lie, the kid goes "oh yeah, we got that mom, remember"? I couldn't help myself and replied "yeah, that's precisely what I was thinking, sign here..."

Thieves, man...

oldngray

nowhere special
I have an identical story from years ago only it was the young child that ratted out his welfare-scamming mother. Kid answers the door (in the middle of the ghetto no less - I've threatened to break my daughters hands if they ever answer the door and I live in a nice neighborhood), and down the stairs comes mom about 45 seconds later. I present her with the follow-up, explain to her what the items in question are. Before she can even think of a lie, the kid goes "oh yeah, we got that mom, remember"? I couldn't help myself and replied "yeah, that's precisely what I was thinking, sign here..."

Thieves, man...

I had similar thinks happen when Grandma was home and says, "yeah, her daughter got that" when her daughter isn't home. And I also had people tell me to never leave package with their kids because the kids steal from them.

Thebrownstreak

I got your beat, I had a pastor say that he never received his diamond crucifix. It was a high value, sig req. I walked into the rectory, into his office, got his Signature. 4 weeks later i get a follow up, read description seeing it was a black crucifix with a diamond in the middle. Pastor says, I never got it. I look down at his chest, and there is the thing hanging. I said you have some nerve to lie being a pastor. He wouldn't sign it, so I called LP, as well as a friend of mine who was on the local police force. Next day, LP, the police officer, and I show up and what do you know, He found the cross that was around his freaking neck.

Moral of the story, no one can be trusted.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I got your beat, I had a pastor say that he never received his diamond crucifix. It was a high value, sig req. I walked into the rectory, into his office, got his Signature. 4 weeks later i get a follow up, read description seeing it was a black crucifix with a diamond in the middle. Pastor says, I never got it. I look down at his chest, and there is the thing hanging. I said you have some nerve to lie being a pastor. He wouldn't sign it, so I called LP, as well as a friend of mine who was on the local police force. Next day, LP, the police officer, and I show up and what do you know, He found the cross that was around his freaking neck.

Moral of the story, no one can be trusted.
Another moral ... he was forgiven.