dental benefits

JonFrum

The answer will be in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of the Health & Welfare Plan that will cover you in retirement.

Every plan is a bit different. There may also be several levels of coverage, depending on how much money you are willing to pay per month.

See if your existing plan has a website. Then see if its retiree plan SPD is available for download.

hembone

Can anyone tell me if dental benefits are offered to retirees? I can't seem to get a straight answer.

Thanks
I don't think so. I know they weren't offered to me and I retired Febuary, 2011. After you retire you'll get mailings from companys offering it.

raceanoncr

Got it in mine. Also the VSP.

Changed over (in the Central States region) to the UPS plan that was offered a couple yrs ago and coverage was same in almost every case.
Pay $200 each for me and spouse.

ladyups

Here in North Missouri under Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Health & Welfare Fund, it cost me $200 a month with NO eye or dental benefits. It covers Chiropractic, hearing aid, prescription drug, Psychiatric, drug and alcoholism and woman's health plus medical. But, no dental or eye benefit.

hembone

Here in North Missouri under Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Health & Welfare Fund, it cost me $200 a month with NO eye or dental benefits. It covers Chiropractic, hearing aid, prescription drug, Psychiatric, drug and alcoholism and woman's health plus medical. But, no dental or eye benefit.
Same in N.C.

kellisday

bgstrapper
I still have Aetna after retirement. Been out for three years now and still have coverage. I'm in CA and have medical, prescription, dental and vision. All of which cost $50 month. And this also includes my wife.

rod

Retired 22 years
I lost eye and dental when I retired. It's amazing how well one can take care of their own teeth when visits to the dentist comes out of your own pocket. I haven't had a cavity in the 10+ years I've been retired. I go once a year to the dentist and once a year to the eye doctor. I came to realize fast that a person don't need new frames twice a year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I lost eye and dental when I retired. It's amazing how well one can take care of their own teeth when visits to the dentist comes out of your own pocket. I haven't had a cavity in the 10+ years I've been retired. I go once a year to the dentist and once a year to the eye doctor. I came to realize fast that a person don't need new frames twice a year.

Same here....dentist every 6 months......cleaning & checkup about $78. Our dentist knows we don't have coverage. Every 3rd visit it's X-rays too, so then that visit is around $150. All, very affordable. Flossing is a big key to good checkups.

Prior to leaving UPS, when we had coverage, we had all work done like replacing old fillings & such.