Des Moines and Davenport Twilight working 2/2/2015

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I think CACH got over a foot didn't they? (Blizzard in Chicago)
If you work it will be a mess.
I don't think you will see too much of a drop in volume in Iowa on Monday due to the snow in Chicago over the weekend. It would have only affected bypass loads coming through the area, and there should have been plenty of time to reroute or otherwise get those loads there. If anything, be prepared for a slight upsurge starting Tuesday (from New England's closures last week). At least that's my opinion.

O

OLDMAN3

Sherman I would not post on Brown Cafe under this user name or e-mail account anymore. There are not many Iowa stewards who started this January. Eventually you will post something you wish you had not and management will know who you are.

O

OLDMAN3

He said he's a new steward, I think he deserves a grace period; and much respect for taking on the job.
Yep,
I agree with you. That is why I withdrew my BS and backed off. I just don't like others claiming to be something they are not on this forum. Anyone who takes this thankless job deserves respect, unless it is only for personal gain.

iowa boy

if the roads are open around you is say it's a safe bet you're working.

The only roads they close here in Iowa are the interstates. The state doesn't issue travel bans for anyone here, so if they shut down the interstates, the feeder guys are told to use the state highways to get to Des Moines or Omaha or Davenport.

The only thing that stops us from working is the inability to get our work from the hubs to our local buildings and that is strictly a safety decision for the feeder guys.

P

pickup

Delete,,,
Newbees usually type Stewart. Usually stewards know what their position is called. D is not next to T on the keyboard.

Usually, but I have seen documents written by shop stewards with the word "stewart" in the documents.

AKCoverMan

Sherman I would not post on Brown Cafe under this user name or e-mail account anymore. There are not many Iowa stewards who started this January. Eventually you will post something you wish you had not and management will know who you are.
Or just don't post anything you would not say in front of your center manager.

It would not be hard to id me but I lose no sleep at night.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only roads they close here in Iowa are the interstates. The state doesn't issue travel bans for anyone here, so if they shut down the interstates, the feeder guys are told to use the state highways to get to Des Moines or Omaha or Davenport.

The only thing that stops us from working is the inability to get our work from the hubs to our local buildings and that is strictly a safety decision for the feeder guys.

I spent Thanksgiving week 2014 in Davenport visiting my son, who works for Cobham. The one thing I noticed is that while they do a good job with the main roads they don't do jack with the side roads.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Is Des Moines and Davenport Twilight working tonight, just trying to figure out if I get a snow day or not.
Happy Groundhog Day one and all! So is there 6 more weeks of Winter?

Hi Iowa boy! This is TBH. We talked briefly this past Summer. I have several relatives in Iowa. Good to see a post from you again!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

I've been to Des Moines plenty of times in bad weather. If I-35 or I-80 is closed, there is NO CHANCE I will drive on state highways. I will just park it and wait for the plows.