Detroit Bankrupt

purplesky

Not one person has mentioned the most important point, that in many cases taxpayers quit paying property taxes, which for decades cut very deep. What a mess.

Blaming unions is nonsense, as unions basically built the city.

Its obvious some people on here believe everything they hear on rightwing radio and see on Faux news . Its pretty sad they cant think for themselves.

Upsmule

Clearly, the IRS and our joke of a tax code is NOT so bad for corp America now is it?

​Why is that?

Dude make up your mind. You just helped me make my point THAT CORP. AMERICA DOES NOT PAY HIGH TAXES BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT THE CORP. TAX CODE. SO THEIR EXCUSE OF OUTSOURCING AMERICA BECAUSE OF HIGH TAX RATES IS JUST CRAP!

ITS CORP. GREED(shareholder value) AND THEY HAVE KNOWINGLY HURT AMERICA!

Again, if outsourcing is against the law then prosecute those that do it. Free markets will go where they can profit. Not be over regulated. Your beef should be with Capital Hill and the IRS and DC bureaucrats not capitalism.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dude make up your mind. You just helped me make my point THAT CORP. AMERICA DOES NOT PAY HIGH TAXES BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT THE CORP. TAX CODE. SO THEIR EXCUSE OF OUTSOURCING AMERICA BECAUSE OF HIGH TAX RATES IS JUST CRAP!

ITS CORP. GREED(shareholder value) AND THEY HAVE KNOWINGLY HURT AMERICA!

If Corporate America bought the tax code, why is it the the second highest in the world?

The greediest people in America are those that buy one product over another because it is cheaper.

purplesky

If Corporate America bought the tax code, why is it the the second highest in the world?

The greediest people in America are those that buy one product over another because it is cheaper.

It isnt the 2nd highest in the world after you throw in the corp. tax loopholes and offshore tax breaks or Scams? Apple is a great example of this tax loophole game. So is GE.

Obama wants to lower the corp. tax rate and kill the corp. tax loophole game BUT isnt it funny how the Republicans dont want to really lower the 35% corp tax rate. Because American corporations pay a tax rate closer to 12% AND NOT 35%.

Paying taxes is not buying a product.

purplesky

Again, if outsourcing is against the law then prosecute those that do it. Free markets will go where they can profit. Not be over regulated. Your beef should be with Capital Hill and the IRS and DC bureaucrats not capitalism.

Who controls Washington? The corp. lobbyists. Who pays the lobbyists to go to Washington and influence the corp. tax laws that are written? Corporations. ITS CALLED CORPORATE CAPITOLISM.:wink2: ITS BUYING INFLUENCE.

ITS not a free market if you dont have THE CASH TO MEET WITH YOUR CONGRESSMAN TO INFLUENCE HOW TAX LAWS ARE WRITTEN.:wink2:

WHO SAID OUTSOURCING AMERICAN JOBS IS AGAINST THE LAW? ITS NOT. BUT DONT TELL ME AMERICAN CORPORATIONS ARE OUTSOURCING JOBS BECAUSE OF THE HIGH CORP. TAX RATES. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT OUTSOURCING DUE TO HIGH TAXES. THATS JUST A POPULAR RIGHT WING TALKING POINT LIE.

This discussion all started because you blame Obama for the fall of Detroit. SORRY BUT OBAMA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FALL OF DETROIT. It started 30+ years ago with the outsourcing of America.

​You have every right to hate on Obama but atleast have some facts to back it up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Paying taxes is not buying a product.

OK. I'll spell it out for you.

Corporations and other business entities compete against one another in terms of price, quality, service and other attributes.

The American consumer almost always buys the cheapest offering of a product if the other attributes are relatively equal.

This drives behavior for business entities to provide their product/service at a cheaper price than their competitors.

If the American consumer was not so greedy in trying to get the most for their dollar, the world would be a better place.

​Yep, it's a stupid idea even if it is true.

purplesky

Corporations and other business entities compete against one another in terms of price, quality, service and other attributes.

The American consumer almost always buys the cheapest offering of a product if the other attributes are relatively equal.

This drives behavior for business entities to provide their product/service at a cheaper price than their competitors.

If the American consumer was not so greedy in trying to get the most for their dollar, the world would be a better place.

Ok I am not completely following your point Hoax?

Upsmule

Ok I am not completely following your point Hoax?

Why bother Hoax....your point can't be followed by a sold out mindset.

Upsmule

It's already happened in Detroit. How many mor cities and states will begin to crumble sooner rather than later?

"I think we are heading for a worse economic crisis than we had in 2007," Schiff said. "You're going to have a collapse in the dollar...a huge spike in interest rates... and our whole economy, which is built on the foundation of cheap money, is going to topple when you pull the rug out from under it."Schiff says that, despite "phony" signs of an economic recovery, the cancer destroying America stems from a lethal concoction of our $16 trillion federal debt and the Fed's never ending money printing.Currently, Bernanke and company is buying $1 trillion of Treasury and mortgage bonds a year. That's about $85 billion per month against a budget deficit that is about the same level.According to Schiff, these numbers are unsustainable. And the Fed has no credible "exit strategy."Eventually interest rates will rise... and when they do, Schiff says, stocks will tank and bonds dip to nothing. Massive new tax hikes will be imposed and programs and entitlements will be cut to the bone.

Money Morning

purplesky

It's already happened in Detroit. How many mor cities and states will begin to crumble sooner rather than later?

"I think we are heading for a worse economic crisis than we had in 2007," Schiff said. "You're going to have a collapse in the dollar...a huge spike in interest rates... and our whole economy, which is built on the foundation of cheap money, is going to topple when you pull the rug out from under it."Schiff says that, despite "phony" signs of an economic recovery, the cancer destroying America stems from a lethal concoction of our $16 trillion federal debt and the Fed's never ending money printing.Currently, Bernanke and company is buying $1 trillion of Treasury and mortgage bonds a year. That's about $85 billion per month against a budget deficit that is about the same level.According to Schiff, these numbers are unsustainable. And the Fed has no credible "exit strategy."Eventually interest rates will rise... and when they do, Schiff says, stocks will tank and bonds dip to nothing. Massive new tax hikes will be imposed and programs and entitlements will be cut to the bone.

Money Morning

You better buy some gold!! and some guns!:wink2: Better build a zombie bunker for the OBAMA zombie attack!:funny:

klein

Für Meno :)

Money Morning

Thanks for telling the American people !
We already know that about the USA up north !
Watch for a steep Stockmarket fall (correction) this Autum, and the huge US recession by 2016 (the latest) ! - The US will be like Spain, or maybe even Greece.
Sad, but living on borrowed & extra printed dollars will catch up to you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks for telling the American people !
We already know that about the USA up north !
Watch for a steep Stockmarket fall (correction) this Autum, and the huge US recession by 2016 (the latest) ! - The US will be like Spain, or maybe even Greece.
Sad, but living on borrowed & extra printed dollars will catch up to you.
And Canada remains unscathed by all of it !!! Maybe they'll name that new little prince....Klein!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
klein , if the USA is Canada's major buyer for your oil , a recession /depression will have an effect on your economy too .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If Detroit has all this empty housing & needs more residents the most honorable solution would be to mandate that any new immigrants created under bhos' EO decree be required to move there .
Let them experience the true hardships that many past generations of immigrants overcame .

UnconTROLLed

perfection

It's not stupid. Saving and hoarding money is virtuous and the most important ideal in America. People will contribute to their own enslavement for a short-term gain and personal satisfaction.

Ask your average American to pick one, only one:
(1)CLEAN AIR TO BREATHE
(2)ONE BILLION BUCKS
...they're picking the latter 80-90% of the time.