DIAD 5 instruction manual?

EddieBoy

Starting my third day Monday as seasonal driver and I can't remember all the sequences and keystrokes other than the basic DR.

Does anybody have a "cheat sheet" showing all the steps for pre-record, new address, and the different pick-ups, etc?

My trainer must think I'm a dumb#ss for not remembering!

OptimusPrime

With EDD, why do you need prerecord??

Someone doesn't deliver apartments. You take the delivery to the door, scan it as usual, if they don't answer you fill out a delivery notice with "Left at Office, scan it, then hit prerecord. After going through the whole complex you bring up all the prerecorded stops, and do a Left at Residential. Office.

OptimusPrime

either have I. Some of the older drivers have told me that is shuts off communication with center. Don't know if true or not

I think it's strictly a battery saving function. Like if you have a cellphone that wont find signal, it will just sit there and burn up the battery constantly searching for one. Maybe for guys with really rural routes?

DS

Fenderbender
You take the delivery to the door, scan it as usual, if they don't answer you fill out a delivery notice with "Left at Office, scan it, then hit prerecord. After going through the whole complex you bring up all the prerecorded stops, and do a Left at Residential. Office.
What if the concierge refuses to accept one of the packages?

Ok I see,you have to individually bring up the prerecorded stop and complete it.
Heck,that's not right,I am confused.

barnyard

KTM rider
For multiple stops at the same address, such as an apartment complex, that are indirected to a manager.

As soon as I hit 'enter' I knew the answer. I use it 2 or 3 times a week for that. We had a couple of cover guys that used to prerecord each section and then use that the same as how we use EDD now.

barnyard

KTM rider
I still use prerecord every now and then for those stops that r way off in edd. Don't like having those stops at the top of my edd all day.

I click 'info' and 'not found' for those. The key is to make sure they are in the right section and the section is set up. If there are more than 2 stops, you can use one of the arrows to change where the 'top of the list' is. I do that every day.

Taco

What if the concierge refuses to accept one of the packages?

Ok I see,you have to individually bring up the prerecorded stop and complete it.
Heck,that's not right,I am confused.
Scan package for 101, key in 101, big down, infonotice, prerec. Scan 202, type 202, big down, infonotice, prerec. Knock 'em both, leave the info notice, then go to the office with the leftovers. Pull up the prerec list, and for each package that you're indirecting to the office, hit LA/Res. Then sig/enter/sig/enter, stop complete.

EddieBoy

Scan package for 101, key in 101, big down, infonotice, prerec. Scan 202, type 202, big down, infonotice, prerec. Knock 'em both, leave the info notice, then go to the office with the leftovers. Pull up the prerec list, and for each package that you're indirecting to the office, hit LA/Res. Then sig/enter/sig/enter, stop complete.

Taco, you're a life saver. This is the one I was most worried about. Thanks!