Diad 6 annoying AF

FozziesDeliveries

Bro do you even Map Mode? Map Mode is love, Map Mode is Life!
D6MapMode.jpg

BrownSnowFlake

Bro do you even Map Mode? Map Mode is love, Map Mode is Life!View attachment 406025
I second this. I work off map mode almost exclusively. On the old DIAD there were different symbols for businesses and residential stops, I wish they’d bring this back. But on the new maps you can usually see clues to tell you where those stops are. For example, schools like to hide in the middle of neighborhoods. But the school bus loop will stand out on the map.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Bro do you even Map Mode? Map Mode is love, Map Mode is Life!View attachment 406025
I second this. I work off map mode almost exclusively. On the old DIAD there were different symbols for businesses and residential stops, I wish they’d bring this back. But on the new maps you can usually see clues to tell you where those stops are. For example, schools like to hide in the middle of neighborhoods. But the school bus loop will stand out on the map.
Real drivers don't need no stinkin' map mode!

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
in a previous patch in map view you could use the up down arrows to scroll through the list but they took that feature away a few weeks ago.

So on the diad 6, no way to bookmark stops, no way to page for stops. Scrolling is giving me thumbthritis & arrowing up & down does 1 at a time, unless you hold down on it, then it scrolls uncontrollably. I try to follow Orion as much as I can doing mostly rurals, but dispatch always puts a business or 2 at the end of the day to “encourage” us to go faster in our center.

Also the stop complete arrow on the physical keyboard worked well at the beginning, but now doesn’t work, unless you restart the diad, but once you do another function besides driver release, it doesn’t work again until you restart it again, & with winter coming, I tried glove mode, & it is no good. Did stylus mode for awhile… annoying. Just like everyone else, I sure miss the muscle memory of the diad 5.

At least the buffering is starting to get WAY better. So if anyone on the committee that fixes bugs on the diad 6 happens to browse brown cafe, please do the company & Union a favor & help us drivers trying to be more efficient.

With yuks… 😆
In the settings you can change the format & it will make it easier to scroll stops. Over all this is the worst thing UPS ever wasted their money on!

FozziesDeliveries

Im going to try this starting this week, my old eyes can’t scroll like they use too.
🧔‍♂️✊
It is honestly really easy and less stressful. I put the main list in classic and scroll through to see the flow and find some business addresses i need to look for in resi areas. Then i just go to map mode for most of the day only to go back to refresh the list after too many updates and to check on smart pickups. If you have a hard time reading the diad though don't switch to classic view. With map mode you can pinch to zoom in or out or do a quick double tap and slide up to zoom out i think or slide down to zoom out.

When you get used to it its WAY easier imo. If it makes an adjustment with "itenerary update" in map mode it doesn't do the pop up you have to tap ok on unless you tap back into map mode. So if it updates in map mode and pulls you to a weird spot you can take your middle finger and flip it off and then tap the little circle target icon in the upper right and it will move the map right to your current location.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You young bucks work too hard. Bid a real country route and forget all the 40 stop splits. Take lunch at 12:00 like a human and let management worry about everything else.
I refuse to stress myself out about the silly Diad so I’m willing to dig deeper into the settings to try to learn. I got voted the laziest UPS guy 10 years in a row…UPS works for me.

😎✊

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
the future is now old man
in 100 years UPS drivers will download maps to the chip the company implanted in their brain, and scan packages with the laser the company implanted in their fingertip
Download maps? These snowflakes trip over their own call tags.