• LIKE IT

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • HATE IT

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • WORST UPS MISTAKE EVER

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

newintown

For me it only seems to freeze when I tap on stops, so I just scan everything. The only problem is when you start doing pickups obviously you have to tap on it or use the arrows and enter. If you just restart it on your way to your pickups it should be fine. Overall it's a positive change for me. The map page is life changing if you are unfamiliar with an area. As long as you know where you are, you can find out where to go very easily. I like the summery page too. Also when you're on break it locks out your manifest so hopefully it'll slow some runners down.

specter208

Need to reduce number of button presses for DR and CIR. Screen must stop freezing when using touch or enter to open a stop. Need way to edit stops and pickups without needing to rescan pkg that is no longer in your possession. Packages for a stop should count down. Lunch and break should have a count down function instead of counting up.

YourMissingCallTag

Using the 6 in the rain is a :censored2: show. The smallest drop of water changes the screen. On Friday it crashed 3 times between 9am and 10:30am, unplugged the cradle and only had to reset it once over the next 8 hours.

Box Ox

DIAD 6: Arrives

Drivers:

463E600B-97D2-4F56-B5D4-7C6520922FA7.jpeg

WorknLateHuh

The only problem is when you start doing pickups obviously you have to tap on it or use the arrows and enter.
You don't have to tap on the pickup or press enter to get into it if the pickup has an end of day. Just scan the end of day as if it's a pkg and the pickup screen automatically comes up, but I'm sure that will cause it to freeze too, just like everything else.

Heavy Package

In a year from now if they said we're going back to the 5 you'd be complaining about that too.

No I wouldn't. How about developing a user friendly hand held with large buttons / touch screen buttons that does 5 things:

1. Shows you where to go
2. Shows you how to get there
3. Scan package(s)
4. 1 button push on where / who you left it
5. Stop complete

All other "what ifs" should have the screen come up for that issue once you scan that package (COD / Signature / Etc.)

That's it. Why the friend do I need to tell it every day that I am at a house or business? That address should be captured as a business or resi once and that's it. I'm tapping this phone like a monkey on crack and it is absolutely ridiculous.

Fuzzy Brown

Diad 6 runs Windows, a notoriously unstable, buggy OS and the diad itself wasn’t designed for the task it is intended for.
This is what you get when you have people in upper management who have never driven one mile in a package car or delivered one package.

21Savage

Diad 6 runs Windows, a notoriously unstable, buggy OS and the diad itself wasn’t designed for the task it is intended for.
This is what you get when you have people in upper management who have never driven one mile in a package car or delivered one package.
It's Android I thought. That's what it says when you reboot it.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
You’ll get used to it. There's a lot of improvements too that you fail to mention.

Everybody hates change. In a year from now if they said we're going back to the 5 you'd be complaining about that too.
I find that in every DIAD6 thread there's always that one guy who boldly defends this piece of crap. Whether it's here or on a Facebook post in the UPS group.

Yes the 6 has some improvements, but don't try to convince me that the 6 is better than the 5. It is not.

List the improvements. Better scanner? Big deal, the 5's scanner was just fine. The jump in scan quality between the 4 and 5 was MUCH bigger than this.

Prettier interface? Cool, but when the speed of the delivery/pickup is slowed who cares what the interface looks like.

I've already done the pros and cons of the 6 versus the 5 a bunch of times, not gonna do it again. Yes you can get used to the 6 and everyone will. Doesn't mean that we can't acknowledge that the 6 is a step back rather than an upgrade from the 5.

21Savage

I find that in every DIAD6 thread there's always that one guy who boldly defends this piece of crap. Whether it's here or on a Facebook post in the UPS group.

Yes the 6 has some improvements, but don't try to convince me that the 6 is better than the 5. It is not.

List the improvements. Better scanner? Big deal, the 5's scanner was just fine. The jump in scan quality between the 4 and 5 was MUCH bigger than this.

Prettier interface? Cool, but when the speed of the delivery/pickup is slowed who cares what the interface looks like.

I've already done the pros and cons of the 6 versus the 5 a bunch of times, not gonna do it again. Yes you can get used to the 6 and everyone will. Doesn't mean that we can't acknowledge that the 6 is a step back rather than an upgrade from the 5.
It's not changing. Get used to it. Why waste time complaining?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
It's not changing. Get used to it. Why waste time complaining?

That's a much different statement than your previous take of 'DIAD6 has many improvements over DIAD5' and 'people would complain if we went back to DIAD5'. I was arguing those FALSE statements by you. I bet if you put a poll up of who'd rather use the DIAD5 the results would be in favor of the old school.

People have been complaining about crappy stuff out of their control since the beginning of time. That's never gonna change either so you might as well get used to THAT.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
For me it only seems to freeze when I tap on stops, so I just scan everything. The only problem is when you start doing pickups obviously you have to tap on it or use the arrows and enter. If you just restart it on your way to your pickups it should be fine. Overall it's a positive change for me. The map page is life changing if you are unfamiliar with an area. As long as you know where you are, you can find out where to go very easily. I like the summery page too. Also when you're on break it locks out your manifest so hopefully it'll slow some runners down.
They can work through lunch. Just back the time up as far as you want. Happens every day in my center. Runners gonna run.