diad battery failure

old levi's

blank space
Since the most recent diad software upgrade, I have had the battery fail on 3 different days. Once at 1600,then 1300, and now at 1145. Not the same board. Are others experiencing similar problems?

maybrown

is not a woman
No even I always turn the keyboard light on. Do you repeat the training video? Are you able to retart your diad? You should have a back up one!

old levi's

blank space
Do you repeat the training video? Are you able to retart your diad? You should have a back up one!

Why would anyone repeat the training video?

The diad will not restart. Dead as a hammer.

A backup is not the answer. The battery should last as long as the dispatch. When my pkg. car broke down last week, I guess I should have had a backup pkg. car with me.

:confused:1

Retired22

Dino
Have your PDS sup check to see how many sequence ranges are inputted into you DIAD. DIADS are capable of holding only so much information which includes sequence numbers. Too much information will actually cause the DIAD battery to premature failure. First check to see if they have the entire loop in your board. If they do have the PDS delete those ranges that you never use. Of course if you get a misroute then you will have to manually input the address which will cause a F4, but thats easier to deal with than a DIAD battery failure. Next have the PDS sup check the contacts in the DIAD racks to make sure they are clean(only clean with alcohol) and that good contact is made, try having the the PDS sup load your board in another slot will be a good sign if your slot is bad. IF the slot is bad have TSG switch the slot out. I hope this helps.