Diad cradle

OKLABob

Ok... I'm going to be a nice guy and let you read Article 6 section 6. After you're done. You can come back and tell me you were mistaken and all will be forgiven.

I'll be here waiting.

Attachments

• 2BE11F54-B386-4714-9016-11F443B6C304.jpeg
    2BE11F54-B386-4714-9016-11F443B6C304.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 273

OKLABob

They talk about telematics every single day during PCM and they never call any single person out or have high lighted names on the board because they would get a harassment grievance with the quickness. Like I said I don’t know where you are from but here you cannot get in any trouble due to telematics.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
So you're telling me the wire to my cradle or bulkhead door can come loose and that I can get a warning letter for that?
Nope. Write it up. Text it to the center via diad and you are good. They gonna write us up when our tires wear out too?
Laugh in their face and file for the harassment.

542thruNthru

They talk about telematics every single day during PCM and they never call any single person out or have high lighted names on the board because they would get a harassment grievance with the quickness. Like I said I don’t know where you are from but here you cannot get in any trouble due to telematics.

As you can see from the red highlighted word. The section you believe states your case is talking about DISCHARGE not discipline. That whole paragraph is talking about discharge.
sketch-1570072750015.jpg

As you can see from the yellow highlighted section. Its talking about DISCIPLINE and clearly states that you can be give a warning letter for technology after having a verbal counseling.

It doesn't matter where I am. This is NATIONAL language. They may not be enforcing it where you are but they can when ever they feel like it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
As you can see from the red highlighted word. The section you believe states your case is talking about DISCHARGE not discipline. That whole paragraph is talking about discharge.
View attachment 266326

As you can see from the yellow highlighted section. Its talking about DISCIPLINE and clearly states that you can be give a warning letter for technology after having a verbal counseling.

It doesn't matter where I am. This is NATIONAL language. They may not be enforcing it where you are but they can when ever they feel like it.
20191002_233445.jpg

Both are correct. The only trap door point is dishonesty by defrauding the company...another gray statement imo.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
View attachment 266326

It doesn't say "notwithstanding language in regional supplements, riders or addenda". It even goes so far as to say "Any such discipline shall also comply with applicable Supplemental disciplinary procedures and requirements." If their local or regional language provides greater protection, then they get greater protection.

Article 2 of the Master

"Section 2. Riders
Present Supplements, Riders and Addenda shall remain in effect... However, except where specifcally stated oth- erwise in the Master Agreement, nothing in this Master Agreement shall deprive any employee of any superior beneft contained in their Supplement, Rider or Addendum."

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It doesn't say "notwithstanding language in regional supplements, riders or addenda". It even goes so far as to say "Any such discipline shall also comply with applicable Supplemental disciplinary procedures and requirements." If their local or regional language provides greater protection,

You are correct, but is there even a Supplement or Rider that deals with discipline through technology?

And if there is, is it any different than the Master?

Doubtful.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was told by a supervisor that if we do not utilize the cradle we would be written up. Needless to say I have three cup holders now.
You see those little pins on the bottom of that cradle? Bend a few and the thing is useless. Once broke, it will not charge so you can't use it for it will drain the battery. The Diad will bre dead by lunch.

Once the cradle is broken you can cover the pins and the Diad will shut off like normal and not use the navigation. The other option is to report a dead Diad every day.

Upsguy21

You do not have to follow Orion to utilize the cradle.. as long as you thumbnail your next stop the nav will take you there and that counts as using the cradle 100%

542thruNthru

It doesn't say "notwithstanding language in regional supplements, riders or addenda". It even goes so far as to say "Any such discipline shall also comply with applicable Supplemental disciplinary procedures and requirements." If their local or regional language provides greater protection, then they get greater protection.

Article 2 of the Master

"Section 2. Riders
Present Supplements, Riders and Addenda shall remain in effect... However, except where specifcally stated oth- erwise in the Master Agreement, nothing in this Master Agreement shall deprive any employee of any superior beneft contained in their Supplement, Rider or Addendum."

You're right but I have never seen any language in a supplmental/rider about technology and discipline. Also let's be honest everyone who says "you can not be disciplined solely on technology" is talking about Article 6 Section 6.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You do not have to follow Orion to utilize the cradle.. as long as you thumbnail your next stop the nav will take you there and that counts as using the cradle 100%
There is the problem. No veteran driver follows the plan. We modified, adapt, and change on the fly as needed. It works but the suit monkeys cannot see that on some stupid report.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You are correct, but is there even a Supplement or Rider that deals with discipline through technology?

And if there is, is it any different than the Master?

Doubtful.

You're right but I have never seen any language in a supplmental/rider about technology and discipline. Also let's be honest everyone who says "you can not be disciplined solely on technology" is talking about Article 6 Section 6.

I don't claim to know all the language from all supplements. I know our JC did their best to negotiate language to counteract any potential negative impact from the 22.4 language. I figured it's possible other areas had done the same with technology and discipline.

That was a major step backwards. I really hope we are successful in fighting any cases of malfunctioning equipment. I know I use the DIAD cradle 100%, but the report regularly shows me down at 70% or less.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

Harassment for a highlighted name?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Has anyone argues that these things are an in cab distraction? Anytime I cradle my DIAD, I can’t stop looking at it. Two near misses in two weeks after fifteen safe driving.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Has anyone argues that these things are an in cab distraction? Anytime I cradle my DIAD, I can’t stop looking at it. Two near misses in two weeks after fifteen safe driving.

A winter knit hat fits nicely over the DIAD while it is cradled.

And yes, things like this were considered an in cab distraction by UPS until it suited their needs.

OKLABob

Harassment for a highlighted name?
Yes if my name is high lighted and everybody eles isn’t that is harassment. They can talk to you about that stuff in private if needed. Me personally I do not file but others in my center have and they no longer high light names.