Diad Holder Thing

MC0493

They're speaking to people personally here if their percentage isn't acceptable, i was threatened with a warning letter. Half used it today, laughed at the non existent roads it wanted me to take. I hate inconveniencing myself just to satisfy some stupid metric. Leave me alone and let me deliver the packages my way.

JL 0513

Only a handful of them have been installed here.I always keep my Diad in my pouch but every time I have put it in the slot I get off of the truck and forget it.I always have to walk back and grab it.

I've done that countless times. Real time saver.

I've used a pouch with the DIAD V for 5+ years and now suddenly it's not there. Quite a habit to break.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I've done that countless times. Real time saver.

I've used a pouch with the DIAD V for 5+ years and now suddenly it's not there. Quite a habit to break.
Every time we get something new I bitch about it but then I turn out liking it

browned out

One day my center manager ODS'ed that if we had the cradle, our "next stop must be bookmarked". Lol, wut ... do you want us to deliver and pick up packages or spend all day friend* ing with the DIAD -- but turns out it was the flavor of the day only.

Our center received the same flavor of the week bookmark the next stop.

Does anyone know how we can bookmark a stop for a Not Found package that was found buried in the load or brought out to us later in the day?

I will ask my center mgmt. team.

542thruNthru

Hey, bruh. I've had that as my signature or title for almost two years now, long before this remake resurgence. I live it, baby.

You're living a lie.
sketch-1564768832107.jpg

"Hakuna wasiwasi" means No worries.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I don’t mind the diad cradle on rural routes (when they work) , my only complaint is the full address gets cut off by the customers name...kinda defeats the purpose.
Works great for an in the blind country route
If you miss a business it is on the system

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I got a cradle in April and used it as instructed for 3 months until the problems started.
On my rural route, the constant shaking and vibration from the rutted gravel roads has worn out the contacts in the bottom of the DIAD.
This causes the connection to be intermittent, which in turn causes the orange lights to flash on and off which eventually causes my DIAD to crash, forcing me to continually have to reboot it.
The lock on the side of the cradle has already filled up with dust and grime, making it impossible to use. And due to cost cutting, we have no spare DIADS left.
Since the old DIAD holder has been removed, the only way for me to keep my DIAD from crashing is to fold up a delivery notice and put it in the bottom of the cradle in order to break the connection and turn off the map nav program (which was functionally useless anyway.)
This is a case study in what happens when people in cubicles who have never delivered a package in their lives are allowed to order equipment that they will never have to use themselves.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I got a cradle in April and used it as instructed for 3 months until the problems started.
On my rural route, the constant shaking and vibration from the rutted gravel roads has worn out the contacts in the bottom of the DIAD.
This causes the connection to be intermittent, which in turn causes the orange lights to flash on and off which eventually causes my DIAD to crash, forcing me to continually have to reboot it.
The lock on the side of the cradle has already filled up with dust and grime, making it impossible to use. And due to cost cutting, we have no spare DIADS left.
Since the old DIAD holder has been removed, the only way for me to keep my DIAD from crashing is to fold up a delivery notice and put it in the bottom of the cradle in order to break the connection and turn off the map nav program (which was functionally useless anyway.)
This is a case study in what happens when people in cubicles who have never delivered a package in their lives are allowed to order equipment that they will never have to use themselves.
Those cradles have started slowly showing up in our package cars, and everything you’ve experienced is every concern I had when I saw them. There’s a ton of terrible, dusty roads in these parts. I guess it will be one more thing to write up.

Johney

The issue here is you are 1 of 5000 drivers who may have this issue,so while it sucks for you it is considered an acceptable problem overall.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The issue here is you are 1 of 5000 drivers who may have this issue,so while it sucks for you it is considered an acceptable problem overall.
It doesnt suck for me because I dont need the mapnav feature anyway. Not using it makes me show up on a report but that is not my problem.
The issue here is that if mine crapped out after only 3 months, how long will it be until the rest of them fail? I am not the only one in my building who is having these issues.
Bottom line is that they probably “tested” one of these for about 20 minutes in the nice smooth parking lot of Atlanta HQ and called it good without ever taking into account the effects of extreme vibration, dust, and other real-world conditions. Remember also that the idiots who designed and ordered the cradles are the same idiots who were stupid enough to think that ORION could actually work. Which explains why they are such junk.

Last edited: