Diad Holder Thing

clever_username

Philosoraptor
My regular pc came back from PMI with one of these installed on Friday. It’s good if you’ve got one of those diads that is dead by 5pm, but otherwise I see no reason to have it. And aren’t we getting new diads in the next year or so anyway? Way to waste money UPS.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
My regular pc came back from PMI with one of these installed on Friday. It’s good if you’ve got one of those diads that is dead by 5pm, but otherwise I see no reason to have it. And aren’t we getting new diads in the next year or so anyway? Way to waste money UPS.

What’s new? UPS is not opposed to spending billions on a program that is basically worthless. Why not spend even more to force use to use the useless technology?

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m going to laugh if they install this in the old million mile diesel I drive. Just in time to uninstall when the thing gets crushed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The joke now is we are having senior drivers in the office for not using the new navigation. Some guys could probably do their routes blindfolded.

MC0493

Flavor of the month here too, "cradle compliance" Mine is about zero since i refuse to use it. I know how to do the route and it's an in cab distraction which they tell us to avoid, how ironic that they've installed one now.

SafetyFirst

We were told we have to be 90% compliant with cradle use but they don't want us looking at it (even though it's angled toward the driver seat staring you in the face). It's definitely a distraction, my management team has even acknowledged so at one of our recent PCM's.

I don't know what it's ultimate purpose is but I feel like it has to be something more than navigation. If it's not this has to be an incredibly expensive solution to a problem that for the most part never existed.

barnyard

KTM rider
It is the perfect size for holding a bottle of water. That is what I use it for. I carry my diad in a holster and will not use the holder on the dash.

Wally

It is the perfect size for holding a bottle of water. That is what I use it for. I carry my diad in a holster and will not use the holder on the dash.
You will in my district. The suit monkeys are monitoring. They know every stop it is or isn't being used.

barnyard

KTM rider
You will in my district. The suit monkeys are monitoring. They know every stop it is or isn't being used.

Using it is a recipe for repetitive motion injuries. If forced, I will use it. I found that it takes quite a bit of time to get the diad out. I am on the 9/5 list and the penalty pay is sweet as honey.

Wally

Using it is a recipe for repetitive motion injuries. If forced, I will use it. I found that it takes quite a bit of time to get the diad out. I am on the 9/5 list and the penalty pay is sweet as honey.
We are forced.

Whither

Scofflaw
"My diad is stuck in the holder. What should I do now?"

Repeat as needed.

My sup forced me to write up my pkg car to have the damn cradle installed. Pretended I had forgotten the first time he told me. I could tell he was serious the second time and I'd better not risk a third (since I'm still qualifying). Was having the same trouble my first day with the cradle til I figured out you just have to press the back piece to release DIAD. A couple days later I noticed there's a tiny sticker with the same instructions, lol.

Whither

Scofflaw
One day my center manager ODS'ed that if we had the cradle, our "next stop must be bookmarked". Lol, wut ... do you want us to deliver and pick up packages or spend all day friend* ing with the DIAD -- but turns out it was the flavor of the day only.

barnyard

KTM rider
Was having the same trouble my first day with the cradle til I figured out you just have to press the back piece to release DIAD.

If forced, I figured that I would bend it enough so that there is minimal resistance when pulling it out. I am not risking carpal tunnel to satisfy a pencil pusher.