DIAD on lunch...

Oak

It's still the same number of paid hours. Company does not care about unpaid time since we are not moving any cardboard during that time.

I'm not skipping my lunch to work an extra hour.
You won't actually work an extra hour.

OK, so eight hours are eight hours, except that those eight hours are when businesses are open.

wayfair

swollen member
if I take 5 minute I put that in the board.

warning letters get passed around here a lot for not taking your full meal..

per contract Southern region

The employee shall be entitled to and required to take a meal period of 1 hour. Failure to take and properly record the required meal period may be cause for disciplinary action.

AKCoverMan

warning letters get passed around here a lot for not taking your full meal..

per contract Southern region

The employee shall be entitled to and required to take a meal period of 1 hour. Failure to take and properly record the required meal period may be cause for disciplinary action.
And ours is opposite. It gives the driver the RIGHT to take up to one hour unpaid. It does not force the driver to sit for an hour off the clock when he does not wish to.

AKCoverMan

Never said that.

If the 8 drivers all took lunch between the 3rd and 5th hours UPS would be forced to add a run.

And again I ask why? Why does it not simply create a one hour later finish time for said eight drivers?

The only way this is true is if the route is near 100% commercial and pup. Then I get where you could use the take an hour lunch then call for biz help if they dispatch the route to where taking a lunch will cause service failures. But they could simply give you an hour more resis.

I'm sorry I don't think my taking a lunch or not taking a lunch is having an effect on if my center is putting another driver on packet.

Btw I expect a new avatar pic soon. They grow fast! She certainly has the "look how cute I am" smile down pat!

UPSGUY72

Our center requires you take and record an entire hour before you punch out skipping not allowed. It's the coming trend so enjoy getting home early and getting paid for the portion of lunch you skipped while you can because it will end.

Mine doesn't center doesn't require you take your full lunch they just require you take a lunch be it 5 min or 60 min your choice. Anyways I don't work any time I'm on lunch. If I'm working I 'm getting paid.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Take every lazy way out you can, work slower, pad miles, pad signatures....blah blah blah. The enhancements your employer has paid billions for are geared toward correcting THAT and eliminating the union... Every driver could work till max dot , they wont add routes, just pay grievance money. the writings on the wall..200 stops off season...BUHAHAHA