DIAD on lunch...

Hard to get these guys to change their way of thinking about the stop thing. I finally got one to say that it didn't cut routes because of it.
Never said anything about them cutting or not cutting routes as it pertaining to drivers taking or not taking there lunch. If you are a non lunch taker, and are asked to help and go meet the OVERDISPATCHED driver, do me a favor. Go bitch at your supervisor. Don't bitch at me because you can't go home.

UPSGUY72

Never said anything about them cutting or not cutting routes as it pertaining to drivers taking or not taking there lunch. If you are a non lunch taker, and are asked to help and go meet the OVERDISPATCHED driver, do me a favor. Go bitch at your supervisor. Don't bitch at me because you can't go home.

You must be one of those drivers that drags there feet all day every day because your in the union and you feel entitled because you know they can't do anything to you.

I don't have a problem telling driver like you what I think of them. I don't bitch about the work I bitch about how your a lazy --------- .

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I know I'm not in violation of DOT rules like you said I was. I also know that Mass law say employers need to give there employees that work over 6 hours a 1/2 hr unpaid lunch. It says nothing about having to take it.
In my state we have to take 30 min before 8 hours of work because I think ups had to pay fines for violating dot.....I personally take my full hour before 3 pm and I'm in package

542thruNthru

Wrong I don't any more stops and I only put 5 minutes in the board and only take 5 minutes of lunch. Orion figures out how long the route should take if they add 20 more stops in the morning Orion is going say the route is going to take longer to do.

Also if they want to give me 20 more stops half way through the day from some slug that drags there feet so be it that only mean more OT for me and still getting out early then the slug...

Umm. You sure you know what orion is? Orion doesn't calculate time. They already had a program for that. Orion calculates miles. They still add stops to cars Orion has nothing to do with it. Also it's not only about time. It's called SPORH and when that goes from 20 stops an hr to 14 because you decided to take a lunch that day they will be talking to you. It's obvious you are not a driver with his own route or you would understand better what these guys are talking about.

UPSGUY72

Umm. You sure you know what orion is? Orion doesn't calculate time. They already had a program for that. Orion calculates miles. They still add stops to cars Orion has nothing to do with it. Also it's not only about time. It's called SPORH and when that goes from 20 stops an hr to 14 because you decided to take a lunch that day they will be talking to you. It's obvious you are not a driver with his own route or you would understand better what these guys are talking about.

LOL Orion does calculate the amount Of time it should take to do the route along with the amount of miles and in what order you should do the route. Yes they do add stops to cars and the time and miles for those routes go up when they do. SPORH is based on hours worked if you only take 5 min lunch and only put a 5 min lunch in the your board SPORH is going to be the same a taking a full lunch as lunch is unpaid. They really don't give a crap about SPORH the numbers they are worried about are OVER ALLOWED. If your over allowed they might ask you what your problem is. I don't have a problem being over allowed. I'm been driving for 7 years. The problem with the other people is they haven't figured out how to beat UPS a there own game.

Also your SPORH is going to change 6 stops hours unless you just stop working 1 hr and still are getting paid. (ie I had 171 stops yesterday and did them in 7.33 hr the routes was dispatched for 9 hr of work.

171 / 9 = 19 SPORH dispatched.
171 / 7.33 = 23.3 SPORH my way I beat it just like I beat the ORION miles and time.

FYI I don't run around like an idiot either. I plan my route in my head before I leave the building and run the plan. I work smooth and steady and spend as little time in the back of the package car as possible.

Next time you start talking about something at least know what your talking about.

LOL Orion does calculate the amount Of time it should take to do the route along with the amount of miles and in what order you should do the route. Yes they do add stops to cars and the time and miles for those routes go up when they do. SPORH is based on hours worked if you only take 5 min lunch and only put a 5 min lunch in the your board SPORH is going to be the same a taking a full lunch as lunch is unpaid. They really don't give a crap about SPORH the numbers they are worried about are OVER ALLOWED. If your over allowed they might ask you what your problem is. I don't have a problem being over allowed. I'm been driving for 7 years. The problem with the other people is they haven't figured out how to beat UPS a there own game.

Also your SPORH is going to change 6 stops hours unless you just stop working 1 hr and still are getting paid. (ie I had 171 stops yesterday and did them in 7.33 hr the routes was dispatched for 9 hr of work.

171 / 7.33 = 23.3 SPORH my way I beat it just like I beat the ORION miles and time.

FYI I don't run around like an idiot either. I plan my route in my head before I leave the building and run the plan. I work smooth and steady and spend as little time in the back of the package car as possible.

Next time you start talking about something at least know what your talking about.
Do you carry a clipboard around in the morning? If you are a seniority driver you know that there numbers are worthless.

UPSGUY72

Do you carry a clipboard around in the morning? If you are a seniority driver you know that there numbers are worthless.

I don't worry about there number I only worry about mine. My numbers included getting paid for all hrs I work and spending the least amount of unpaid hrs at work. I don't need to worry about any other numbers because I beat there numbers day in and day out and they know it...

Just an FYI there numbers aren't all worthless you can use them to your advantage if you know how.

LOL no no clip board.

upschuck

You sure are a piece of work. A person who only punches in the break they take has no impact on stops or time worked, only the time they get off. 9.5 still applies to them, and because anyone puts 30 mins in instead of an hour, just means they are getting home 30 mins earlier, they are not getting more stops, they are not working off the clock. Nobody advocates working off the clock for the permanent driver.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In my area working through lunch helps the company by getting done earlier....for example having to break off route for comm savers.....not breaking off saves 20-30 minutes.....not having to break off for savers comm before 5 and pu changes the whole route

wayfair

swollen member
You sure are a piece of work. A person who only punches in the break they take has no impact on stops or time worked, only the time they get off. 9.5 still applies to them, and because anyone puts 30 mins in instead of an hour, just means they are getting home 30 mins earlier, they are not getting more stops, they are not working off the clock. Nobody advocates working off the clock for the permanent driver.

but you can't violate the contract by not taking your meal.

so take it

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's you're and their. We have 30 minute lunch in our area. Most guys are back by 5-5:30 on an average day. Don't think they will add drivers if everyone now gets back at 5:30-6.