diad question

S

steamheat

In other areas of the country do the diads properly fit in the DVA or do you have to prop up the diad with a delivery notice pad in order to make it work correctly.

B

browndude

some of our trucks work right but the one i am in now has to be held up or propped for the proper connection. our sups are not bright enough to figure this out so it is a good way to avoid getting messages since it is returned to them as undeliverable.

M

madhouse

All of our DVA's have had a rubber piece attached to the lower front lip. Works great you never seem to have to tip DIAD as before.

(Message edited by Madhouse on June 08, 2003)

F

feeder

Hmmm, an easy question and answer for the New Driver!! Pull out your D.V.I.R Book, write in: Need New DVA OR DIAD Holder! I promise you, the mechanic will fix it or replace it!!

M

madhouse

Feeder, It has nothing to do with repair or replace. I believe it was design or the fact that the DVA's have pretty much stayed the same as the DIAD's changed. The rubber piece on the DVA was installed on all our units telling me they knew of this problem. Also I'm no "Newby" 19+ package car 10+ as a backup feeeder.

S

sillygirl

Corporate fix. Have the mechanic cut a rubber engine gasket and attach it to dva. This will keep your board from bouncing around and keep it communicating
happy.gif
(However part is on really long back order because everyone is just figuring it out...
sad.gif

U

upsdude

I use the radio feature and place the diad head first into the diva. Never have a problem.

O

over9five

I keep my DIAD wrapped in aluminum foil. This makes it unable to receive on-call airs and other unwanted messages....

U

upsdude

"I keep my DIAD wrapped in aluminum foil. This makes it unable to receive on-call airs and other unwanted messages...."

If you place the diad head first in the diva, the diad can't see where you are going. Much cheaper than buying all that foil.....

L

local804

The aluminum foil trick really does work. For some reason the diad prompts you when you take the paper off that you have package info that needs to be sent. Just dont get caught doing it.
happy.gif

W

wigman

Are all of you refering to DIADII or DIADIII? Because DVA is not a player in DIADIII. Communications will switch to DVA on occasion however.

M

madhouse

DVA is used in DIAD III. Not all areas of the country have radio ability. Ours is one of them. And we are on DIAD III.