Did I do something wrong? No work

whatsthedeal

I was hired as a seasonal driver. Last week on Christmas Eve, I was told to call in on the following Monday to see if there would be work. So far two days in a row they say there is no work. I have no idea if they are just giving me the brush off or if it could actually have slowed down that much.

I was delivering to mostly commercial stops. Did I do something wrong?

T

Turdferguson

I was hired as a seasonal driver. Last week on Christmas Eve, I was told to call in on the following Monday to see if there would be work. So far two days in a row they say there is no work. I have no idea if they are just giving me the brush off or if it could actually have slowed down that much.

NO, Your seasonal employment is almost over nothing you did wrong.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Your SPOHR wasn't high enough.
image.gif

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Your only chance of getting a job now will be as a part-time employee..Keep in touch with your onroad sup and HR

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

It's a slow week....many seasonals aren't working.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
First of all, you did nothing wrong (that we know of). The week between Christmas and New Year's is usually pretty light so some low seniority drivers are laid off. Before giving up hope of not driving, wait to see what the new year brings. I'll be honest with you though, you are probably not going to work. Seniority is the coin of the realm at UPS and you have none.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I never understood how ups can hire a bunch of seasonal for peak and for the summer season by listing it on monster. com. Arent they suppose to put bids up before they hire outside help. How do they get around thiis.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I never understood how ups can hire a bunch of seasonal for peak and for the summer season by listing it on monster. com. Arent they suppose to put bids up before they hire outside help. How do they get around thiis.
UPS most likely is not behind this. Temp services are notorious for posting other companies job offers as a means to get people into their offices. It's the classic bait and switch tactic.

DOK

Must be a regional thing, no seasonals hired here in summer or during peak.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Dude...you do realize UPS is involved in post- incarceration employment workshops in certain prisons in order to attract newly paroled individuals for Christmas seasonal help?